Ristorante MET Venezia

Riva Degli Schiavoni 4149 30122 Venezia, Venice, Italy

Ristorante MET Venezia Venice Reviews

Hregina Hregina
Sep 21, 2007
Finding a decent place to eat in Venice could be a real challenge. Most of the small trattorias in the city centre are overprized and touristy, and the menues varies very little from place to place.

I and my (husband now) got engaged in Venezia on July 23.2006. And of course we wanted to do something special this evening. We dressed up and started walking across the city searching for the perfect place to have dinner. It turned out to be really difficult. We had allmost given up, and was nearly starved to death when we stumbeled across the Restaurant MET, connected to Meteropole Hotel.

We had no Idea that this restaurant has a star in the Michelin guide, but i can understand why.The kitchen is run by the innovative chef Corrado Fasolato. Who is obviously inspired by Ferran Adria (El Bulli) and Thomas Keller(The French Laundry)

I can't believe how lucky we where, having the last table availible due to a cancellation. We had a table in the beautiful backyard, with flowers and candles creating the most intimate and romantic atmosphere around us:-)

The menu is great. You can choose from five different set menues with five to eight courses, or you could have the surprise menu witch we did......

The surprise menu turned out to be the chef experimenting in the kitchen. We sat down for allmost five!!!! hours eating sixteen!!! courses. We asked the waiter to pick wines that would match the food, and keep our glasses filled during the night. At the end of the night we where allmost unable to stand straight.

The food was exellent, with strange and uexpected combinations of flavors and textures.

If you have the opportunity, check out this amazing place!:-)
gordonsf says:
You got my mouth watering! I will need to check out The MET. Since I live in Sausalito, CA I know The French Laundry well and it has never disapointed me. Thanks again
Posted on: Apr 28, 2008
joely28 says:
Thank you very much!! The MET sounds perfect...and if it has anything to do with The French Laundry, it has to be amazing. Thanks again for you info.
Posted on: Sep 21, 2007