Ristorante La Rotonda

Via Roma, Brindisi, Italy

Ristorante La Rotonda Brindisi Reviews

osgoodst osgoodst
hidden gem with good food Jan 06, 2012
Resturante La Rotonda is my go to place in Brindisi, and have eaten here over 30 times. Its very old Italy in that its hard to find, the food is great but it takes forever to get it (or normal in Brindisi time), hardy good food, and the waitresses are cute, unfriendly, but will make sure you get fed.

My relationship with this restaurant is hard to explain but sort of hilarious. I was doing a job for ENI in Brindisi, and they had a deal with this restaurant in that they would give us a note, we'de go there and they would give us food. OF the place they did this with, this is the only one that actually had other people eating there.

What made this restaurant great though is some of the people I ate with. Many times I would go there with sailors who have been out to see for 29 straight days! They would get here, get loaded with pizza and booze, and mayhem would ensue. One time they three drunk sailors from various former communist states, and bought bouquets of flowers, gave them to the waitress, and were promptly slapped. They then explained to me that back in the day they could not buy flowers for random women, and random women could not slap them.

To clarify this restaurant is actually pretty good, and was treated nicely when I wasn't with an unruly gang of eastern European sailors ( not that I have anything against eastern European sailors.... or sailors, but hey being out to sea for a long time can cause you to be rowdy). For pizza I recommend the Pizza Crotonone ( with sausage from the Crotonone region of Italy... spicy _, or the Pizza Crudo.

For non pizza options, get the fish if its fresh... if that's not your thing their pasta claims to be hand made. Their salads (insalada) are a meal in themselves.

Bon Appitito!
salad and fish... delicious
okay so this is the entrance... so…
pasta... always a safe choice
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
vulindlela says: