Ristorante La Liguria

www.la-liguria.nl - 038 422 0782

Ristorante La Liguria Zwolle Reviews

pms70 pms70
Very pleasant and relaxed restaurant Oct 18, 2008
This restaurant was a pleasant discovery in Zwolle. It is situated in a very small side-street off the main shopping street. It is in an old building with several floors of dining space. We arrived without reservations, our coats were taken and we had a short wait at the (tiny) bar on the lowest floor before being escorted to our table.

The table was situated on the ground floor behind the stairs. This was not unpleasant even though it might sound like that, it was just a bit awkward for the waiting staff as they had to almost do a circus act to be able to serve us!

We were served quickly and efficiently, the staff was friendly and the food was very nice. We were asked straight away if we wanted bread and butter which we did, and water, which we did as well. We were given a choice between still or sparkling water too. The bread and butter came and I was surprised to find that when we finished the bread there was lots of butter left! (Normally I run out of butter about halfway...) We asked for extra bread which was no problem at all.

For starters Jan had Fungi Ripieni (filled mushroom heads with herb cream cheese and mozarella gratin) and I had Fungi Misti (mushrooms fried in garlic oil with rucola). We tried a bit of the other's starter and both were really good. For mains Jan had Spezzatino (pork fillet with mushroom, red pepper/capsicum and onion in a creamy tomato sauce) and I had Bistecco pepe crema (steak with a cracked pepper and cognac cream sauce). Again we tried a bit of the other dish as well and again both were good. For dessert I couldn't resist the Tiramisu and coffee, Jan had and Iced coffee with Amaretto.

I would definitely recommend this place. Total bill came to around €85,-for those interested.
My dessert, Tiramisu
Can I start yet?
Jan and his Iced Coffee with Amare…

Check Zwolle Hotel Deals