Ristorante Da Angelo

www.daangelo.com - (03) 6223 7011

Ristorante Da Angelo Hobart Reviews

Sunflower300 Sunflowe…
Aug 14, 2007
This is my favourite restaurant in Hobart. I have been coming here since my very first visit to Hobart about 10 years ago, and I am happy the say the food is as good as ever.

Last night I went for dinner with a girlfriend prior to going to see a play, so we didn't have all the time we would normally have liked to linger over our delicious food. We nearly didn’t get in, as we did not think we would need to book being a Tuesday, silly us, the place is always packed. Luckily the staff do all they can to accommodate you. We said we only needed an hour, so he said “ok, one hour” and led us to the table. Phew.

We quickly ordered our drinks, a Ninth Island Sauvignon Blanc for me and a ‘bubbles’ for Jacqui, the Da Angelo Sparkling. They have a great range of wines from Tasmania, the rest of Australia and Italy to choose from by the glass or by the bottle, as well as beers, spirits and liqueurs.

Jacqui ordered a large Gnocchi with Napoletana sauce (AUD $17.00) and a serve of garlic bread. I ordered Scaloppine Bianco – pan-fried veal with mushrooms and white wine served with vegetables (AUD$23.90) and a serve of garlic bread, not realising one serve of garlic bread would be enough for the two of us, my only complaint is the waitress didn’t indicate this. Not that it mattered; because we nearly polished it all off anyway. The meals were delicious! I have never been disappointed. The veal was melt in your mouth, the garlic bread mouth-watering and the wine delectable.

Da Angelo’s is a place you must put on your itinerary if you ever come to Hobart.
Da Angelo, the best little restaur…
shirlan says:
Sounds good to me!
Posted on: May 24, 2009
Sunflower300 says:
Would you like to have dinner here on your first night? It is just around the corner from Lenna of Hobart. Only a five minute walk.
Posted on: May 24, 2009
shirlan says:
Is it on our our itinery? :-)
Posted on: May 21, 2009