Ristorante Caterina de' Medici

1946 Campus Drive, Hyde Park, NY, USA
Ristorante Caterina de' Medici - Gnocchi in Basil Puree
Ristorante Caterina de' Medici - Encrusted Salmon
Ristorante Caterina de' Medici - Pumpkin Stuffed Ravioli
Ristorante Caterina de' Medici - Student Chefs plating up!
Ristorante Caterina de' Medici - Look at this amazing wine selection!
Ristorante Caterina de' Medici - Student Servers preparing presentation of plating.

Ristorante Caterina de' Medici Hyde Park Reviews

mistyleatherneck mistylea…
Top notch food prepared by student chefs Oct 15, 2008
As part of the Culinary Institute of America, this Italian Restaurant is top notch. It is hard to believe these are student chefs preparing and serving your meals for you.

We started off with our appetizer/salads. I had the Walnut Flan with mushrooms in a balsamic glaze, My mother had the mixed greens salad with cranberries and oranges and Rick had the Onion and Cheese Tort.

Wow, presentation goes without saying!!

Our main courses were well presented as well. I had pumpkin filled ravioli, Rick had Gnocci on top of a spinach puree and my mother had bake crusted salmon.

The wine storage area was full of wine. While we waited for our dinner I was given a tour of the kitchen and a tour of the wine storage area.

Everything that is served in the restaurant is homemade and presented with such detail down to the setting of the silverware and wine glasses. It is formal dining at is best. The students were well knowlegeable on their service and food preparation.

The Culinary Institute of America has two other restaurants on the premises, French and American. Many of the Alumni have started and opened their own restaurants. I ate at one of the Alumni's restaurant/Patisserie 'Calico' which I did write a review about.

If you are in Hyde Park New York, It is a must to eat at one of the Culinary Institute of America's Restaurants, but you must make reservations!!
Gnocchi in Basil Puree
Encrusted Salmon
Pumpkin Stuffed Ravioli
Student Chefs plating up!
sylviandavid says:
great review..... sounds like a great time! sylvia
Posted on: Nov 13, 2008