Ristorante Castello

0187812296

Ristorante Castello Cinque Terre Reviews

Eric Eric
Oct 17, 2004
Located right near the castle on the harbor in Vernazza, this restaurant provides nice views of the ocean and a unique ambience. The place is family-run, and everyone is pretty friendly. We showed up early, before the restaurant officially opened for dinner, and even though the waiters and owners were in the middle of eating dinner they sat us down and gave us some bread and snacks to munch on while we were waiting.The food itself is good, but I wouldn't say it's extraordinary. I had the acciughe, or anchovies, with lemon and olive oil for my appetizer. The anchovies didn't taste like the incredibly salty versions you find in the states, and were actually not half-bad. For the main course I had the spaghetti alle vongole (spaghetti with clams). Again, it wasn't bad, but it also wasn't really any different or better than the average spaghetti alle vongole I could get in Rome.Considering the prices, I wouldn't come here just for the food, but if you want a place with nice ambience, friendly staff, a good view, and slightly above average food, check it out.
sylviandavid says:
Next time we'll try this.... Sylvia
Posted on: Feb 08, 2008