Rishikesh Valley

Rishikesh Valley Rates and Deals

Rishikesh Valley Reviews

Arzaan Arzaan
Wanderlust in Rishikesh May 02, 2011
We stayed here as a group of 9 friends from Mumbai. We had booked this resort as we wanted a quiet and peaceful getaway, very much connected to nature, and wanted to experience something totally rustic. There are about 10 cottages ( twin sharable), made of mud with basic amenities like an attached bathroom, basic lighting and a cozy bed. No geysers - hot water available on request in buckets. This is owned by Anandji and Subodhi who looked after us very well. The food was all vegetarian but lipsmacking and most delicious. Bonfires were available early morning and in the evenings when temperatures were sub 10 degrees.

There is a badminton court and a nearby stream which we explored. Local transport to Laxman jhula or rishikesh town was readily arranged by Anandji. The drive take about 90 minutes from Dehradun airport. Our basic purpose of the trip was to chill out and experience water rafting and some jumping adventures at Jumpinheights ( just a few kms away from the resort). Anandji also took some refreshing yoga and meditation classes for us.

The resort is situated in a valley, so it gets dark early once the sun goes below the mountains and gets quite cold at night. Go with lots of warm clothes if your planning a trip in the winters.

thanks Anandji and Subodhi for making this so memorable.
ramita ramita
Serene, rustic gem - a perfect place for an escape Sep 10, 2010
I came across Rishikesh Valley while was planning a trip with my brother to see Rishikesh, swim in the Ganges, and spend some time relaxing and escaping from a stressful job. From the first emails I sent to Anand and Subudhi (the owners and hosts) they were very accommodating and warm, and answered all my questions. They arranged all our travel from Delhi to Rishikesh Valley and checked in with us during our journey there. When we arrived we were greeted with a delicious cup of chai and our comfy and clean room. Anand helped us plan an amazing 4 day trip - filled with treks, yoga, waterfalls, walks to the Ganges, white-water rafting, trips to unique temples and shopping in the nearby towns. We had wonderful guides for the trekking who showed us hidden temples in caves, and other little gems we never would have found on our own. Anand guided us through yoga in the mornings - both a spiritual and practical yoga session that helped me focus on a lot of the pain and stress I have at a mostly desk job sitting in front of a computer - after a few days, most of my pain was gone and I was so relaxed!

The huts are simple, but really all you need to be comfortable and begin a stay that is more about nature and feeling peaceful. We received hot water for our Indian style baths and everything was clean. The setting is breathtaking - surrounded by mountains and greenery, and untamed gardens at Rishikesh Valley. There are irrigation channels built throughout the villages that you can walk on to get you to the Ganges and through the valley – it was really so beautiful. Although everything was perfect – one of the highlights was the food. Fresh, delicious dishes prepared from scratch from locally grown produce – the food was something to be remembered. I had some of the best dahls and vegetables and everything was served in abundance – I could eat without guilt since it was all so healthy!

I truly had a wonderful experience staying at Rishikesh Valley and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an off the beaten path accommodation, in the midst of nature, and away from crowded cities. It is just a 20 minute ride to the nearby towns of Laxman Jhula, so you can get to the hustle and bustle of Rishikesh easily enough, while staying in a place that is just as spiritual but more connected with nature.
Huts at Rishikesh Valley
River near our hut
Surrounding view

Related Travel Blogs About Rishikesh Valley

Rishikesh
It was bak in the summer of 2006. Beautiful valleys of rishikesh looked even more scenic in the sun of summers. The trip organised by indiatimes made it even more earthly by going extra mile and maki…valleys of rishikesh looked even more scenic in the sun of summers. The trip organised by indiatimes made it even…

Check Rishikesh Valley Rates and Deals