Ripleys belive it or not Odditorium

1 Piccadilly Circus, London, United Kingdom

Ripleys belive it or not Odditorium London Reviews

natureboy86 naturebo…
A whole world full of wonders Feb 25, 2012
A whole world full of wonders,in the heart of London’s West End. Home to 700 peculiar, amazing artefacts on display over five floors - from a two-headed calf to a Swarovski-Covered Crystal Mini Cooper, Amazonian shrunken human heads and the tallest man on earth - the attraction celebrates the weird, wonderful and bizarre in all its forms. With everything you can imagine (and plenty more you can't), Ripley's Believe It or Not! London is a family day out that's definitely out of the ordinary.amazing and fun exhibits across 5 floors, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! is the London attraction sure to excite, delight and thrill the whole family.

With everything you can imagine and plenty more you can’t, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! London is certainly the place to visit and definitely a day out of the ordinary!
Dan_1985 Dan_1985
Would be great for kids May 27, 2011
I spent a weekend in London with friends and we had a spare day so instead of spending the day in the pub what better way than to try educate ourselves then go to a museum, then we went to Ripley's..

We did have some vouchers for there that's probably one of the reason why we went there!

It was quite fascinating in parts but some parts quite boring i wouldn't pay the full price for tickets. I think kids will get more out of it and the best thing about it we were able to act like big kids in there.
Nice museum Oct 25, 2010
Nice museum about a man 'Mr. Ripley' who saw very odd and interesting things in the world.

You have to read a lot, but it's worth it.

There is also a mirror maze, that is small and I think it's not worth it.

In the museum they let you read about beauty, old torture stuff and methodes and a lot more.

Tip; Go late in the evening (like 08:00pm) then there are not a lot of people. I give this tip because the reading signs are very small, and a lot people around it makes it not easy to read.
A big chear
'try it out' me without leggs
'make a picture' of me in a chasti…
Stigen Stigen
Ever been to an odditorium? just go ! Dec 03, 2009
This was certainly quite a new sort of experience. The price for the odditorium was a bit steep, but if you take the train, at least you get 2 tickets at the price of one now (one is 25£).

Considering we spent 4 hours in this place to be able to see all the exhibitions , it was worth it in the end !

Ripley was an adventurous american who lived in the 30`ties. He travelled through over 200 countries in his time, looking for odd people and items. Today that would`nt be possible, simply because there is only 190 countries in the world..

He was very succesful in his quest , as he found some of the weirdest people and things possible.

The collection in London includes a mini Morris decorated with a million crystals, a collection of shrunken voodoo heads, a collection of medevil torture devices, and numerous pieces of arts made by stuff you would`nt normally make art from (like lint, coins, matchsticks, poo, ants, and numerous other stuff..).

there is also real life wax sculptures of some of the weirdest people ever seen... like the guy in China who has a horn growing of his head, or the woman with giant lips, or the chinese beggar who drilled a hole in his skull to put a candle-light so he would see when it was dark.

There are many videos about strange people, and strange things as well. Like the video about the man who can drag a car with his conjunctiva...or the guy who swallows a padlock and a key ,and manages to unlock it with his stomach..

Then there is the Mirror maze ! that costed extra , but did provide us with a bit of fun ! it is the best mirror maze I have seen , and we did end up in the entrance about 7 times before we found the way to the end !

All in all , it`s a cool day ,well spent in Londons greates Odditorium !!
car with 10000000 swarowsky crysta…
the hairy man
Tallest man ever !
Shrunken head (real human head)
Dr_Seuss says:
Looks cool, don't know when I'll be back down in London, but wife and daughter are going while me and my boy are in Norway. Definately looks the sort of place my daughter would love
Posted on: Dec 02, 2009
KeikoCreative says:
Oh I hve been to the one in States, I love it! Will definitely drop by if I'm in London;)
Posted on: Dec 01, 2009
Stigen says:
Yeah ,It is not like just a boring exhibit , it`s real stories about real people ,that`s what makes it so fun...and strange !
Posted on: Nov 30, 2009