Ripley's Believe it or not! and Wax Museum

Guadalajara, Mexico

Ripley's Believe it or not! and Wax Museum Guadalajara Reviews

Nair2011 Nair2011
Wax Museum with Latin American flavour Jul 09, 2011
Guadalajara downtown wax museum is the Museum where I have connected the well known mexican road names in my 4+ years living in Mexico to the faces of Mexican revolutionary legends of various eras.

An Intresting museum to know about Mexican and Global Legends. This museum has different sections for Legends of Entertainment, Politicians and Policy makers, Wellknown artist and painters, Mexican revolutionary leaders, Mexican sports personalities, Spiritual people, Fictional novel, cartoon and television characters and horror characters in dangerous house.

This musuem start with Carlos slim, the richest business man in Mexico and Entertainment legends like Vicente Fernandez, Mexican Singer, Elvis Presley, American singer, Salma Hayek, Mexican Actress, Brad Pitt, American Actor, Charlie chaplin, American Comedian etc.. A wax status of a mexican singer singing mexican songs is a highlight in this section.

On the way down to the next section we feel a women standing and taking our pics for a moment.. In the political and decision makers section we see many global current and mexican former presidents and prime ministers.

In the wellknown artists section we can see Diego Rivera, Mexican painter, Jose Clemente Angel Orozco, Ace Muralist etc.. Leonardo da Vinci, Italian painter painting Monalisa statue set is the highlight here.

Spiritual people section has Mother Teresa, John Paul II, Benedect XVI. Also we see Virgin of Guadalupe appering for San Juan Diego. Church set is a highlight here.

Sport section has well known Mexican soccer players and Mike Tyson.

Fictional character section has characters like Sesame street, Harrypotter, superman etc. To reach this place we have to gothrough a glass maze.

Horror house is another highlight in this museum. It has some audio mechanical wax statues with movement sensors to create the horror apart from the lights and paints.

To add more visual representation of my experience here, I have taken pictures of all 200+ wax statues and attached to this review..
Vicente Fernandez, Mexican Singer
Alejandro Fernandez, Mexican Singer
Dont remember.. Need help..
Carlos slim, Richest Mexican
montecarlostar says:
I agree, the mexican celebrities room is the main feature of this wax museum and what makes it unique from any other in the world!
Posted on: Jul 10, 2011
Nair2011 Nair2011
Museo de lo increible Jul 09, 2011
Ripley's Believe it or not! Museum in Guadalajara is located in downtown and entrance fee id around 5USD. If we buy a combination ticket for this museum and Wax Museum we can save a dollar.

Visit to this museum will depend on our choice of interest. This museum has all kinds of information and good for kids to know about the different Eras.

I personally liked all the articles, specimens, interactive exhibits displayed in this museum. I have spent more time trying to understand the information displayed in this museum than the wax museum.

I recommend this museum if you have not visited another Believe it or not museum earlier. Also please take a look at the pictures attached to this review to decide..
montecarlostar montecar…
It was fun... Oct 02, 2010
We bought a combo for both museums, so I am not sure if they are separate or not. I believe they come together, so I will use the same review for both.

If you have been to Ripley's before, then you know what to expect. I had been to Ripley's Museum only once in Mexico City and I have to admit that it was much better than GDL's. There are not too many oddities in this museum as to make it distinct, but you will still have fun if you haven't been to any of the Ripley's museums before.

If you have, then it may be better to skip it and go straight into the wax museum. I liked that one so much more because it has a very nice collection of many mexican characters, although there are some world personalities as well. You can see some of them in my pictures. Most of them are very well characterized.

Overall I had a good time, but I think the wax museum alone is worth the visit.
Tall guy
Shrinked head
Fox :D
montecarlostar says:
Yeah, I think that if you have been there once there's no point in being there twice. Specially if that particular Ripley's doesn't have anything special.
Posted on: Oct 06, 2010
Vikram says:
Ripley's in general is very very boring.

Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn!