Rio Way Beach Hostel

Check Rio de Janeiro Hotel Deals

Rio Way Beach Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

bensonryan bensonry…
Excellent Hangout Feb 26, 2017
Rio Way Beach Hostel is located near the coast of Praia De Recreio in Southwest Rio De Janeiro. This was the first time I stayed at a hostel so I had to change my perspective as a traveller before enjoying this. I selected the single bed $13 a night and there are options to get a larger and more private room for extra. It is within a short walking distance from the beach though very far from the downtown area. There is plenty to do in the area as well.

Though not much to look at outside due to its high security walls, Rio Way is a very nice relaxing area complete with a lounge and big screen television and an open kitchen. The staff is very friendly and some members speak English and Spanish along with their native Portuguese. The staff were very knowledgeable on all the available places to visit and restaurants to eat at. Though the stay might appeal to the younger and more adventurous crowd, I saw guests of all ages stay here throughout my nine day visit.

Many visitors should become accustomed to Brazilian customs in order to maximize their enjoyment to hostels such as these. As I stressed in a previous review, Brazilian bathroom customs might take a little getting used to. Also get your bug spray and adjust to the lack of central A/C. Other than that, this hostel is great. To my amazement I had no issues with safety or getting robbed while staying in the coed dorm room. The Wi-fi is very good here too.

Seeing friends and acquaintances interact in Rio Way has given me an everlasting impression about the Brazilian people. I highly recommend Rio Way Beach Hostel even with the location being very far from the downtown sprawl. After my stay I felt relaxed, and made some new friends along the way.
The not-so obvious front door
spocklogic says:
Nice review and sounds like a friendly place as long as "Many visitors should become accustomed to Brazilian customs in order to maximize their enjoyment to hostels such as these" like you say! Well stated :)
Posted on: Apr 30, 2017