Rio De Janeiro

Rio De Janeiro Reviews

Fuat Fuat
RIo is a safe place do not get deceived by paranoids!!! May 25, 2011
Hello everyone,

i just wanted to take a simple note for those who wants to travel Rio de Janeiro. I read and heard many 'be carefuls' about the city before I visited and felt kind of 'uncomfortable' when I went there. However, I noticed that there was nothing to be afraid of. The city, especially the areas that you would be interested to visit (such as Copacabana, Ipanema, Lapa, Statue of Christ, Centro) have bunch of polices and make you feel safe. By the way, Brazilians are the friendliest people in the world so carrying a English- Portuguese conversation book would help you a lot to feel that sincerity from Rio.
HuBison says:
Yes, they are among some of the friendliest people, but I was walking with a bag of leftover food and a homeless man asked me for my food and before I even said yes and handed it to him, he was reaching for it.
Posted on: Apr 09, 2012
Shashank Shashank
Mar 31, 2004
To start with - Ipanema is better beach than Copacabana. Ipanema has higher waves though so be very very cautious.

Beware of pickpockets and crime, dont wonder too much away from your group or 3 parallel lanes away from beach, or else be prepared to be mugged.

Hotel Ceaser Park is one of the finest accomodations in the city (personally I prefer it over the grand copacabana palace. Its very pricey - but extremely safe, and has a private beach with security patrolling.

If you are travelling on a budget, stay on Copacabana side, because it has more tourists and locals around you.

Dont miss the Sugarloaf mountain cable car ride, and the famous vernacular train ride atop the mountain that holds the most colorful and amazing but infamous "favelas".

A world travel cannot complete unless you have been to Rio!
lunitacrazy says:
I'm going to Iguazu Falls on Tuesday ;)
Posted on: May 22, 2011
sidfresh says:
Awesome info about Rio. I'm looking forward to it in Feb'08
Posted on: Dec 20, 2007
Lamphunite says:
Glad to see you are enjoyed Rio, it's one of my favorite places on earth. Did you see Iguazu falls from the Argentinian side?
Posted on: Nov 14, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About Rio De Janeiro

Adventures in Brazil - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Carnaval 2008!!!!!
Ben-vindo no Brasil!!!!!!!  We made it!!  We weren’t originally supposed to be here for Carnaval, but hey, considering we were so close, we couldn’t miss out on this once in a …Rio de Janeiro.  Problem: we were in Rio, and our contact was in São Paolo…
Welcome to Rio!
Cristos (Christ the Redeemer) rising above the line of clouds on the top of a mountain, Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf), Copacabana Beach and beautiful women in bikinis sunbathing are just some of the att…Rio de Janeiro.   However, this is the tourist perspective of Rio .   Most people never…
Nice experience in Rio de Janeiro
This February I visited Brazil. In this beautiful country, I had many good experience and memory.  Brazil is famous for football, samba dancing and barbecue. When I had brazilian barbecue i…Rio de Janeiro without paying a visit to the statue of Christ The Redeemer. Located at the top of Corcovado…

Check Rio de Janeiro Hotel Deals