Rio Caura Trip tips
Las Trincheras, Venezuela
Rio Caura Trip tips Las Trincheras Reviews
Feb 01, 2008
If you're planning on doing a trip to Rio Caura, you've probably already packed what your tour operator advices you to bring. Anyhow, here's some more useful tips of things to bring and to be aware of:
1. Bring your own water bottles. Even though water/softdrinks are included on the tours, you never know WHEN you get some. Bring at least one small bottle pr. person and fill it with water whenever you can. Hiking up to the falls e.g., noone will carry refreshments for you.
2. I wear contacts/glasses and was very happy to have a small bag with a cord, which I could fasten to the hammock - so I always could reach my glasses, earplugs or whatever you want to have nearby.
3. It can be very cold sleeping in hammocks - the cold is sneaking up from the ground to your back. Bring clothes/carpet.
4. A face cloth can be helpful in quite a lot situations. Like when you sweat like hell climbing up to the Para Falls.
5. You might bring extra batteries for your camera... there's no way to charge it for 5 days...
6. Bring a rain poncho. Not only for the rain - it will keep you warmer in the hammock, and it's excellent for use in these cold overland busses.
Part of the Venezuela 2008 travel blog
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!