Rio Cafe

(520) 323-5003

Rio Cafe Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Outstanding service and delectable food Feb 13, 2010
Recently, I went on a date. My date took me to Rio Cafe. Even though I have dined at many restaurants in Tucson, I had never heard of Rio. I was flexible as to where we could go since I was waiting the be charmed. As always, I look for service. First I was surprised that the restaurant is located in an area that I had been to many times, and second, the quality of service we received.

The restaurant is not exactly high market kind, but it has five star service. The ambiance and quality of food had me swept off my feet. It is spacious with sitting set such that you can have a conversation without anyone ease dropping or over hearing you. Our waiter was a young man who knew what he was doing, he knew the restaurant's drink list, the menu and the etiquette of being a good service person. Because my company was good, I was in no rush to leave. Our waiter took time serving us, taking note of when we needed him close or far. We did not feel rushed, but rather a sense that we were being given personal attention.

I love pork but don't eat it as often as I would like. The restaurant had baby back ribs on the menu. I ordered that, while my date ordered salmon. Both our meals were mouth watering. We ordered a 6 year old bottle of Italian wine from the valley. My date being a New Yorker and all, decided we needed something to digest our food after dinner, so he ordered us port. I was surprised that they had an old Portuguese Port, which topped our dinning experience with them.

A must visit if you want to experience the service that makes Tucson tick. Do not pass the opportunity to indulge yourself if you happen to be in Tucson.

Price: $10 - $20

Cuisine: American/ Mexican

Location: Convenient

Payment: Accepts all major credit cards and cash
dieforu says: