Ringo's Foyer

Check Malacca Hotel Deals

Ringo's Foyer Malacca Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Hated it! Jun 08, 2011
I was not impressed with this place. The reviews on hostelworld were so good, so when I rocked up at this place, in the middle of a demolition site on the outskirts of the main tourist area, I though "what have a I gotten myself into?!" It wasn't like cochroches and rats running everywhere, but I stayed in a 6 bed, fan dorm, and I can't believe I got to sleep the 1 night I stayed there, it was disgusting to be honest. When I walked into the room, you could barley even see the floor with other guests stuff. Like it's one thing to be at home in the hostel you're staying at, but it's another thing to leave empty food containers and stuff like that everywhere. The room stank as well, and there were only two fans, and lucky for me the bed I had, the fan didn't hit it. Woohoo.

The staff seemed friendly enough, although he was a little too casual for my liking. Not taking my payment until I left, and I was in a rush, and he couldn't be bothered to move so I could make the bus I was supposed to be making. Which upset me too no end.

Wouldn't stay here again, even if someone paid for m.e
Vipin Vipin
Friendly, great location May 23, 2010
The two best things about this place are the location and the customer service. It is based in the heart of Melaka, so all the main areas, buses and Chinatown are very easy to get to. The staff are very helpful too for advice and just to chat to about your travels in general!! The bed and air conditioning are average, and the bathroom is aceptable enough to use. I also met some really nice people whilst staying here, so the prices obviously attract travellers! Considering the price, this isn't a bad place to stay at all if you're just after something basic.
rowenm rowenm
Mar 09, 2010
This is hostel recommended not only by an Australian girl I met on the Singapore-Malaka bus, but it's also on Lonely Planet.

This place has wifi, some rooms with A/C, and shared bathrooms. It has a rooftop that you can chill out in the evening.

Take off your shoes once you enter the door. I like the fact that Howard, one of the owners take the guests out to dinner where he exposes them to local cuisine. On my first day, we went on our bikes to the beach to see the sunset on the Straits of Malacca, then headed out for some Indian-Penang food. One notable thing about the place is the big glass of freshly squeezed orange juice that is 4 glasses tall! You share with another person when you order the OJ.

Check Malacca Hotel Deals