Rincon Salvadoreno

(323) 912-1909

Rincon Salvadoreno Los Angeles Reviews

Owens Owens
May 15, 2007
This is where I went to eat pupusas every week last year. I'd order a licuado of strawberry, or banana and wait for my two cheese pupusas with loroco (a plant found in el salvador that only adds to the taste) to be fried up on the burners in the back.

Many might consider this place a "hole in the wall", but it was my salvation. It is smartly located on the corner of two busy streets (in the middle of Sunset Junction). After sunset the views across the street are charming enough as you try to tear yourself away from the telenovelas that are sometimes playing up in the corner.

My favorite part about this place is that I could use my meager spanish to order pupusas. The waitress/cashier/(maybe cook sometimes) would just smile and she'd remember my order the following week. I moved away and couldn't visit for a full 5 months, then I show up for a gelato next door and see her in the parking lot. I get an enthusiastic "HOLA!" from this woman across the parking lot where she is putting out the garbage. This restaurant made my year-long stay in Los Angeles more meaningful.

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals