Rijnkade 52 A, Arnhem, Netherlands
www.rijnmozaik.nl - 026-3700159

Rijnmozaiek Arnhem Reviews

gejah gejah
Turkish restaurant Rijnmozaiek Dec 04, 2009
Rijnmozaiek is a Turkish restaurant which I have visited a lot. The restaurant is located next to the river the Rijn, and in the summer you can sit outside and enjoy the view towards the water. In the winter you have to sit inside the restaurant, and the interior is very nice, warm colors and a lot of plants. Normally I do not drink cola, so I did not notice it is not “real” cola, but from a machine with soda in it. And it did taste like water today. So we gave back the cola and ordered drinks from a bottle.

Because we were with a group the waiter suggested we could take a menu with several kinds of meat and a plate with several kinds of fish. I had a dish like this before, but just for one person, and it was warm and ok. This time the waiter sad to us “you have to enjoy your meal and it has to stay warm for a long time” and we agreed with it, so we ordered this meal. It came in and it really looked nice. But unfortunately it was COLD!!! What a disappointment! I called for the waiter and told him that all the food was very cold and he suggested to warm it again. But warming food is not a good idea. I think you can better eat your shoes. It would taste the same. So we did not want that. Because it was not very cheap I asked the owner of the restaurant what to do about it. He sad we could have had a new dish. YES that is what he tells me now!!! A bit too late. I told him the food was not worth the price, so he gave us discount on the food and the drinks where from the house. Ok that was a nice thing to do, but it was really sad.

Because this is not normal for this restaurant I will give him a second change, he promised me to make it up to me the next time I will visit his restaurant. I hope so!

So this is not the end of the blog. Continuing story. The final test for this restaurant. My suggestion is, if you visit this restaurant, take a dish for yourself and not a dish for a lot of people.

This restaurant is not very cheap, for about 20 euro you will have you main course, and the dessert is about 7,50 euro.

continuing: Mandy has been eaten there yesterday. It was cold, not a good service. the waiters where clumsy did not listen very well. So mandy told me do not eat there anymore. Even the group she went with where not satisfied. Too expensive, to little food and cold.

Too bad, this used to be a very good and well known restaurant. Most of them told us go to the other turkish restaurant "De Blauwe hoek" much better, and i have been there a few times and i do agree. It is located near the Steenstraat, edge spijkerstraat in arnhem.
gejah says:
no in fact her intestinal flora is not well today! coincidence? :)
Posted on: Dec 05, 2009
sylviandavid says:
How odd that the food is cold..... thanks for this review.... Sylvia
Posted on: Dec 04, 2009
gejah says:
I think, but that is just a guess, they changed owners!
Posted on: Nov 23, 2009
a cozy and beautiful Turkish restauarant located on the Rhine quay Nov 23, 2009
Restaurant Rhine-mosaic is a beautiful and nicely decorated restaurant, located on the beautiful Rhine quay. The menu offers delicious dishes, too bad the food was quite cold, both meat and fish dish! The taste was good and the presentation was great. We immediately passed that we were not happy and there were excuses made. We got a discount and they offered us a drink of the house, a nice gesture. Although we have a wonderful and pleasant evening.
Rhine quay!