Riga Old Town Hostel & Backpackers Pub

Check Riga Hotel Deals

Riga Old Town Hostel & Backpackers Pub Reviews

landryje landryje
Just couldn't stay away.. Jun 04, 2009
Upon arrival, this was our first spotted hostel off the bus, and from our lonely planet guide was recommended. In total we spent 4 nights in Riga and kept coming back here. Staff were very friendly, well organized, clean rooms and bedding and nice little pub on the main floor. Free internet was a bonus! I would recommend this place again, and if you do end up here definately check out "John Lemmon" restaurant about an 8 minute walk, ask the staff for directions!
Philbeaty2000 Philbeat…
The best choice in Riga Jul 03, 2009
It's right next to the train station, it's in the old town and it has a pub in it, enough said.
delsol67 delsol67
If you are looking for the party in Riga.....this is where it is!!! Aug 09, 2008
Ok, first I booked a private room. The private rooms are not in the hostel, which is in the center and located well. The private rooms are in an apartment across the stream that runs by the park. It's not that much farther but, I expected to be....there in the center. Anyway, the bartender checked me in and was friendly. Someone came and walked me to the apartment...about 10 minutes walk. The apartment is through a dark corridor and an unmarked door. The apartment has a common kitchen but no lounge area. The room is large and clean. The bed is not comfortable but, not the worst I've slept in. The bath is large as well but, not so clean, not grundgy but, not so clean. The A/C was not working and this was in August....quite warm. I am a baby about my A/c, it's my thing!!! The management refunded us a small amount for the hassle. They couldn't get a repair person out over the weekend. They were nice about it. So, it's not a BAD place, but, I probably would look for a different hostel in Riga. If I was staying in the actual hostel my experience could have been different. Take that into consideration when deciding.
The Black Cat House