Riga Old Saint Gertrude Church

Riga Old Saint Gertrude Church Reviews

cimtech cimtech
Riga Old Saint Gertrude Church Oct 22, 2014
Riga Old Saint Gertrude Church

The Christian world knows Saint Gertrude as the protector and patron saint of travelers. In Medieval times the church named after Saint Gertrude was located outside the walls of the city of Riga. The location of the church at the very gate of Riga enabled the travelers, who arrived at the closed city gate after dark, to have a place to thank the Lord His protection during their travel.

That was the story which attracted me (The dizzy traveler) to this Church. I took a bus from the Freedom Monument with no worries whatsoever due to the day pass I was carrying in my pocket. Bus route map was straight forward so no option to make a mistake. From the main road I could see the beautiful church, while entering the Church the door keeper informed me for pictures they recommend a donation in the box. I did not hesitate to get rid of all the coins (Euro) in my pocket which was making my life miserable, and why not after all this place has a historical tie to the travelers like me.

It was little dark inside the Church so adjusted my camera and started shooting few pictures. I was happy to step in the church and see for myself that once provided protection to the travelers. I think this a must see place for those who are visiting Riga.
The church from the main street!
Inside the church!
I was the only one inside !
Nana_gincin says:
Congrats on your feature Hasan, great review!
Posted on: Nov 03, 2014
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
Posted on: Nov 02, 2014
cimtech says:
Thank you Jim, I am encouraged by your nice comment !
Posted on: Nov 02, 2014