Riddargatan Hotel

Riddargatan Hotel Rates and Deals

Riddargatan Hotel Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Hotel Riddargatan Feb 04, 2010
I was on my usual weekly stay in Stockholm and so far I was taking a new hotel every week in order to find the best hotel that I would use onwards. This week I had chosen Hotel Riddargatan which is situated in Östermalm not far from the city centre. The area houses a large amount of restaurants, shops, cafes and bars.

When you enter the hotel from the hilly Riddargatan, you enter directly in to some stairs that leads you to the reception on the left. Behind the desk I was met by two smiling and very friendly receptionists, who quickly handle my booking and gave me a room on the third floor. They also gave me an access code to the Wi-Fi. My first impression looking at the hotel while the girls were making my papers ready was; calm cosiness and a Scandinavian design.

I got the key to my room, the Wi-Fi access code and a couple of smiles, and armoured with that I went to the 3rd floor where I had gotten room 301 which was next to the elevator.

I entered a nice large room with a good cozy feel to it; the room was painted in soft colours it was very high to the ceiling and it gave it kind of a noble look. The bathroom was small but had all that I needed; the shower was in the tub and there was a glass door making sure that the water would not be all over the floor.

In the room on the wall there was something I had not seen before; some hand weights and a training DVD; these Swedish hotel have all health equipment everywhere. The bed was large and turned out to be very comfortable, which probably to me is the most important feature in a hotel room.

I withdraw the curtains to look down the street I had just entered from. On the other side there was a law or insurance company with people working late. I amused myself by looking at all the wooden sailboat models they had in some of the offices. Even though it was snowing heavy there were still lots of people out walking the streets. From the window I saw an Italian restaurant that looked like it was worth visiting.

The street was full of snow and it was still snowing; there was no traffic besides the pedestrians and my guess was that it also would be like that in the summer as well. Just around the corner there was a walking street and a metro station which would take you the last part in to the city centre very fast.

Next morning I enjoyed their tasty breakfast in the restaurant on the ground level. It was a full breakfast in calm surroundings, they had everything except a glass of champagne together with strawberries but I have only seen that in 5 stars hotels, and I wouldn’t go for it anyway having to go to work.

It was truly a nice hotel with a good ratio between quality and price and sofar it has been one of the best hotel I have stayed at in Stockholm.
The room as I entered
The bed - and it didnt split
The stair towards the entrance
One of the sailboats in the other …

Riddargatan Hotel Overview

The Riddargatan Hotel enjoys a central yet quiet location behind the Royal Dramatic Theatre at Ostermalm, close to famous shopping streets such as Stureplan and Biblioteksgatan, and the business district is within walking distance. The hotel was fully renovated in 2002 and offers an exclusive hotel experience in a modern environment, with personalized service. Ostermalm, with its fascinating history, offers the visitor a fantastic insight into bygone days a real gastronomic experience, intimate world-class bars and a wide array of cultural activities. Arlanda Airport is approximately 45 km from the hotel.

The intimate Riddargatan Hotel offers an exclusive hotel experience in a modern environment. It comprises a total of 58 rooms spread over 6 floors. Facilities on offer include an entrance hall with 24-hour reception, a hotel safe, lift access, a bar, conference facilities, breakfast room, Internet access, a WLAN access point, a laundry service and garage parking for those arriving by car.

The comfortable rooms are highly individual and vary in shape and size, (13-24 m²), all in a contemporary design. All rooms are equipped with a TV, a DVD-player, an LCD screen and wireless Internet connection, free of charge. A pay TV is available at an additional charge.

There is also a WC with shower or bathtub, as well as a hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, a radio, a minibar, central heating and a safe also come as standard. A writing desk, an iron and ironing board and coffee and tea making facilities also come as standard. The single rooms feature a single bed, 90/ 140 cm across) and the double rooms consist of either two separate twin beds or 2 twin beds in a joint framing.

This Riddargatan Hotel is a bed and breakfast establishment. Breakfast is served in the form of a buffet.

Riddargatan Hotel Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes