Rickshaws in Ahmedabad

Ahmedabad, India

Rickshaws in Ahmedabad Reviews

Lotus28 Lotus28
Rickshaw cost in Ahmedabad May 03, 2013
Ahmedabad was generally very safe city for the tourists as it was just an industrial place and not many sightseers from overseas are coming.

There may be some robberies or pickpockets but not much violence kind of harsh crimes happen because they have influence on their culture of Jainism.

However, I was cheated on rickshaw prices several times when I was there. It was no such things like "taking me to fake governmental travel agency and making me pay a fortune" kind of thing, and it was just overcharged, but it was still very uncomfortable and I was so annoyed by that, so I would like to share the info about the rickshaw cost.

When I was overcharged, it was always the rickshaw driver offered to use the meter in front. However, when I got off from the rickshaws, the meter shows outrageous price.

According to a guy I met on the train from Ahmedabad to Delhi, the figure shown on the meter is by distance (in metric), not the price. They have a formula to convert the distance into the price, and I had to ask them for the formula. If I had known that in Ahmedabad city, I wouldn't have been cheated on the price much!

So those who are traveling to Ahmedabad, keep it in mind that the meter is showing distance, not the price, and ask them for the formula before you pay for that. If you know this, they wouldn't try to negotiate on the price and rickshaw travels can be very casual and easy in Ahmedabad.

Check Ahmedabad Hotel Deals