Rica Seilet Hotel

Rica Seilet Hotel Rates and Deals

Rica Seilet Hotel Molde Reviews

gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Good value for money but very generic room Aug 09, 2016
We stayed at Scandic Seilet for one night in August 2016. We came to the hotel in the afternoon and check in took a bit of time as they could not find the reservation to start with. But soon we were on our way to our room. It turned out that we did not get a room at the actual Seilet hotel (which has a beautiful location right on the waterfront) but instead we got a room at the Akterseilet. Akterseilet is connected to Seilet by a skybridge so you can at least walk indoor to your room. But it was a bit of a “maze” to get to the hotel which included two elevators.

Room 4418 did not make an epic impression upon entering the room. In fact I think this must be one of the most generic hotel rooms I have stayed in in quite a while. Dark blue carpet on the floor, sandstone colored walls and dark furniture. The kingsize was pretty comfortable and I got a good night sleep. But the room did get pretty warm and there did not seem to be a functioning aircon. There was a small panel that looked like it was made for controlling the temperature but it didn’t seem to function. The room was pretty dim even with the light colors so it must be a bit dark in wintertime – but the reading light was pretty good. The flat screen TV on the wall was decent size and we had a water boiler for making tea and coffee. Instead of getting a view to the ocean from the room we got a view of a parking lot and Aker Stadium located right next to the hotel.

There was also a desk with a chair and a sort of reclining chair with a foot stool. It was nice to see lots of sockets for charging all our gadgets. In the wardrobe there was an ironing board and an iron but also an empty fridge. It seems like this is the new standard which means that you have to head down to the reception to get something to drink – at this hotel that would have been quite a trek as the reception was so far away ;-) The internet was included and the wifi worked fine.

The bathroom was tiled in white and had a nice setup with a shower corner, a basin and a toilet. In the shower there were dispensers for shampoo and shower gel. The shower doors were dirty and they did not seem to have been cleaned before we checked into the room. There was a layer of dirt at the bottom of each shower door.

The main building Seilet has a skybar on the 15th floor that gives a lovely view of the ocean and area around Molde. There is even a small balcony to enjoy the view.

Breakfast was also in the main building of Seilet and I guess it can get crowded as there were notes in the lifts indicating when rush hour would take place. But the breakfast was very good in my opinion with a good selection of bread, egg, cereal, fruit etc. They even had oats and tran (the Norwegian cod liver oil). And to top it all – you could make your own waffles!

The location of the hotel is good – it is only like a 10 minute walk to get over to the downtown area for restaurants and shops. There is a pretty nice walking path along the ocean leading towards downtown. The hotel also has bikes that you can borrow.

All in all this is a pretty good and modern hotel but with a pretty generic room. I would have been happier if I had gotten a room in the main building and with a lovely sea view. I would not mind staying at Seilet again next time I go to Molde.
The bed
Empty fridge
sarahsan sarahsan
It could have been a nice place to stay Jan 06, 2010
Rica Seilet Hotel Molde is a fairly new conference hotel with 169 rooms on 16 floors It is shaped like a seil. Located near the football stadium it is within walking distance from the town center. From the hotel there is a specatcular view of the fjord and the sourrounding mountains.

The Rica Seilet Hotel is a nightmare in the summer. The facade is all glass and therefore works as a green house. When the sun is shining all day, the heat in the rooms are unbearable. There is no A/C and the windows can only be opened 5 cm / 2 inches. This is worthless since the window frames are too thick for any air to enter. Other facilities in the rooms are minibar, TV, Pay TV and free wi-fi.

I have had to stay here several times (since my employer has an agreement with this hotel). I have never seen the same reception staff, something I see as a bad sign. The staff I have had to deal with has never been very professional.

On one of my stays a while ago the light bulbs in the bathroom did not work. I called the reception and was told that someone would come up to fix it. An hour passed and nothing happend. I called again and this time I was told that the man was very busy. I said that she could just give me the light bulbs and I could change them myself. Then she said that it was after 5 pm and the man in charge of this had gone home for the day and he was the only one with keys to the store room where the light bulbs were. I bet they had said the same thing if the Queen was staying there!

On the same stay I had problems with the Pay TV. I started a film, but it kept on turning itself off. Since you pay pr film, I asked if I could start another film without beeing charge for it. I was told to please not do it because the girl in the reception did not know how to do it in the computer.

Last time I stayed there, 2 of the 4 light bulbs in the bathroom did not work (again) and the box of kleenex was on the counter because the kleenex box holder was broken. There always seem to be something with this hotel.

Their breakfast buffet is very good with a large selection of cold cuts, fruit, vegetables, cereal, egg, bacon and omlets. The dinner on the other hand is nothing I would recommend. We all eat different things (chicken, meat and fish) and everybody agreed that all the dishes were absolutely tasteless.

If you have a choice, I would recommend you to stay somwhere else.
Rica Seilet Hotel
My room
My room
Dr_Seuss says:
Sure some of my mates stayed there when rangers played Molde. Recognise the building
Posted on: Jan 06, 2010

Rica Seilet Hotel Overview

Discover all that Molde has to offer with Rica Seilet Hotel as a base. The hotel provides all the amenities that today's travelers desire in all of its 170 rooms. Each guestroom is tastefully appointed with non smoking rooms, bathtub, separate shower and tub, mini bar. Guests can experience the high standards of comfort while staying at this luxury Molde hotel with everything they need right on the site such as shops, 24hr room service, restaurant. The hotel provides a warm and welcoming service of international standard. Please complete our secure online booking form by entering your period of stay.

Rica Seilet Hotel Amenities

• Meeting Rooms
  • Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower