Rica Nidelvin Hotel

Check Trondheim Hotel Deals

Rica Nidelvin Hotel Trondheim Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
A Good Time in Trondheim Jun 28, 2008
I was a little uncertain how to rate this hotel in expense, because everything in Norway is expensive. It's like a 4 star hotel, not super fancy, but comfortable, clean and plenty of amenities. I like this hotel for a 4 star establishment because it has some style beyond that. There is a recognizable effort to the decor and ambiance here, especially in the lobby area, which attempts to be sort of modern casual. The rooms themselves are not particularly extraordinary, but they are comfortable and clean and some offer great views. The first room they gave me was facing a construction site where something was being build next door. I asked for a better room and got one facing the water which was really nice. The staff was very accommodating and eager to please.

As far as location goes, there is an airport shuttle that runs right near this hotel, so getting to here and back is fairly easy. The hotel is not located centrally and it's a bit of a walk to see the sights (20-30 min), but this is part of the charm of Trondheim too - walking about and discovering things to see. There are many places to eat and shop near this hotel. In fact, a waterside dining region is a short walk across a small bridge right outside the hotel. I ate at a couple of the restaurants around here and the food was always decent and in one case above average.

One peculiarity - this hotel has metal scaffolding stairways outside, which is nice if you want some fresh air scenery on the water, and you can go out, but you can't come back in. I found this a bit annoying. It's easy enough to prop the door, but a maid took my prop once and I had to descend and come around the hotel to get back to the lobby. Just a minor thing I didn't like. Give the staff a wink and tip maybe.

I think this a decent upscale place with some taste. The breakfast room is good too and I enjoyed that in the mornings. There is very little to complain about here. I can recommend this place for travelers staying in Trondheim and pay some attention to the staff and you will get it back in attention.What I really liked about this hotel, even though it is not centrally located, is that the waterfront restaurant area is splendid for walking around and eating too, but also the surrounding Trondheim city is pleasant as well. It's quite a charming city from a certain perspective when you are not expecting the sun to set, which was the case when I visited.
Waterside view