Rica Hotel Kungsgatan

Rica Hotel Kungsgatan Rates and Deals

Rica Hotel Kungsgatan Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place to stay in the city center Jun 07, 2011
I had almost a full working week in Stockholm and I had booked Rica Hotel Kungsgatan in good time, which turned out to be a very good idea since it was almost impossible for some of my colleagues to find hotels in the city center in this week.

I had tried to stay at this hotel one time earlier but when I arrived then after midnight they had rented my room out because they didn’t think that I was coming. I then had to have a room in the sister hotel which is situated some 200 meters from this one. It was something that didn’t make me happy back then. It was therefore with some worries I entered the hotel at 10.30 pm on a Monday evening.

The hotel entrance is quite peculiar; you enter a hall with some paintings or Photostats on the wall and follow the red carpet in to the 3 elevators and a huge face shaped like a sun. Here you take the elevator to the fourth floor where you find the reception. The receptionist was a sweet girl and luckily she found me in the systems quite fast. I was given a room on the 5th floor, she also gave me the Wi-Fi access code and off I went.

When I arrived one stair up I didn’t find the display on how to find easiest in the world; I benchmarked it with other hotel guests the following days and I could luckily see that I was not the only one having trouble with it. My room was down ½ a stair in the corner towards the main street. While I was walking to my room I could here other guests flushing their toilet and the sound reminded me of a ship or an airplane because the toilets were emptied with vacuum.

When I opened my room I was quite pleased. The room was bright, spacious and had a really high ceiling. There were two large windows, giving the room a good amount of light. The furniture was all in dark wood and in a quite modern design; it looked quite good; was my first impression. There was a large desk and there were electric A/C plug-in’s everywhere. A mini bar with a glass door so you could get inspired to drink and a huge basket with candy and chips

The bed looked really nice and comfortable but here I made a judging error; it was the worst bed I had in a long time. The madras was okay but the bed also had a upper madras that kept on sliding away and the king-size bed turned out to be two single beds that absolutely didn’t want to have anything with each other to do.

The bathroom was okay, but not more; I really disliked the vacuum toilets that was making so much noise but it was the most environmental solution it stated; to m it still felt like something you have on a boat, train or a plane, not in a hotel.

One of the large windows could not luck properly which I didn’t care about in the beginning because the weather was fantastic and I really enjoyed having them opened in order to both get fresh air in the room but also to feel the nerve of the city downstairs. Later in the night I found out that I wished that they were working because they started construction work in the night; especially the third night I stayed there I could have used it.

The hotel breakfast really great; it was one of the better I have had in a Stockholm hotel the last 1 ½ year. The hotel is located quite nice especially for daytime activities, because you are in the middle of the shopping area and with a lot of restaurants and cafes in the neighbourhood. At evening and nighttime there are better places to stay in Stockholm but it is a great place for a touristic stay.
The bar and reception area
The hotel room
great review Christian!
Posted on: Jul 03, 2011
Lycka Lycka
Recently renovated, but unfortunately not better Dec 27, 2010
The first time I stayed at Rica Hotel Kungsgatan was in Summer 2007 and then again in Summer 2009. Both times, I really enjoyed being there and I had nothing to complain about (except the noise on the streets at night that made it impossible to open the windows and didn't even let you sleep when they were closed).

Now, in Winter 2010, the hotel seems to be newly renovated - but this is probably more an disadvantage than an advantage. The rooms are smaller now, the furniture could be much better (our beds were only 60 cm wide and we didn't even have a wardrobe in our room) and the staff was quite unfriendly, especially one of the female reception desk clerks.

The cleanliness and the breakfast buffet were okay, but at least it was a quite expensive stay at the Kungsgatan.

Rica Hotel Kungsgatan Overview

This accommodation in Stockholm is located inside the PUB department store complex. The Rica Kungsgatan Stockholm offers guests extensive amounts of shopping at their doorstep, in addition to the attractions of the Hotorget area. The Rica Kungsgatan is 500 meters from Stockholm’s central rail station.

There are 270 rooms at the Rica Kungsgatan Hotel, decorated with light colored Scandinavian furnishings. Rooms have radios, TV with satellite service, telephones, mini bars, individualized climate controls, and Internet access. The bathroom is tiled with a towel heater and hair dryer. No pets are allowed.

The Rica Hotel Kungsgatan Stockholm occupies 5 levels of the PUB building, which was built in 1876. The lobby is accessed from the lift on the third floor of the department store. There are small conference rooms for groups of 8 people. The hotel partners with Centralbadet health center to offer guests discounted access to the pools, gyms, and steam rooms there. There is no restaurant on site, but a bar offers drinks and snacks. Parking is available.

Rica Hotel Kungsgatan Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes