Rica Hotel Gamla Stan

Rica Hotel Gamla Stan Rates and Deals

Rica Hotel Gamla Stan Stockholm Reviews

Vanessa_Mun_Yee Vanessa_…
Perfect location in the old town! Jul 05, 2013
If you are looking for a hotel in the old town of Stockholm, look no further - this is the best hotel! It is so convenient around the old town and the central train station is about 15 minutes away on foot.

Four steps up to the entrance, so if you have a very heavy suitcase, it might be a challenge. The reception area is tiny but the hotel staff are very helpful and friendly.

Our room is tiny but clean. The queen size bed was a little too soft but not too bad. I love the chandelier in the room! Though the decoration is a little vintage but they do have a flat screen TV on the wall!

The bathroom was clean and modern however the amenities were very basic and the walk in shower was a little too tiny.

The complementary buffet breakfast was good and we love the free wifi.

Will definitely come back to this hotel if I visit Stockholm again.
waiting area
Chokk Chokk
Really nice hotel in the old revenue Sep 19, 2011
I was back in Stockholm again and for the second week in a row I had decided to find a hotel in the touristic Gamla Stan because I had completely neglected this area over the last 2 years.

The old town or Gamla Stan is a wonderful place to stroll around and enjoy the old narrow and cobbled streets with their nice small touristic shops, bars and restaurants. Almost no matter when you are there, you are surrounded by tourists admiring the buildings or hanging out in the bars. The small island naturally also hosts the Royal Palace and the Cathedral (Stor Kyrkan) and many more attractions.

I arrived at my hotel around 9.30 am and my taxi driver had some issues finding the right spot to let me off. The hotel look more or less as any other building in the area but a small round sign gave it away. There was a small stairs up to the entrance with a large door that opened outwards, which was not too bright when you are standing there with your entire luggage. Just inside the door you will find a small reception to the right and a small lounge to the left.

I mentioned my name and the receptionist quickly found the room key to me. I was staying in room number 404 on the top floor. The hotel reception area smelled of flowers; Empire Lilies’ too be precise. There was no need for me to give her anything else than my credit card and I therefore headed for the elevator.

The hotel was really cozy and old fashion; there were fresh flowers everywhere and I immediately like what I saw. The elevator was really small; inside there were dark wooded panels and mirrors all over but the most impressive thing was a small chandelier in the ceiling. The elevator took me slowly up to the fourth floor and I arrived in a really nice decorated hall with a couple of chairs and my room was just around the corner.

As soon as I opened the door to my room I liked what I saw. I entered a small hall with a closet and a low desk with some stuff from the mini bar on display. Directly facing me was some old Gustavian furniture with blue and white-checkered cloths and all the wood painted white. The colors reminded of the colors of the bed products from Hastens. Being on the 4th floor and the top floor the area next to the windows where leaning but you could reach the windows standing up. The windows were covered with some heavy red velvet curtains.

The bed was king size and in one madras, which is not something I see often in Stockholm. The linen was white and black and the bed cover that only covered the end of the bed was in blue silk with rhinestone, looking like something a princess would appreciate. Next to the bed there where some small tables and the wall between the to set of windows had a nice 32 inch flat screen. There were jacks for electricity everywhere in the room, which was really nice.

The bathroom was also a nice size but it only had a shower that I didn’t mind at all. I was really pleased with what I saw. I left the room shortly after I had checked in because I hoped to find something to eat before I went back there. Just next to the elevator on the fourth floor, there was a roof terrace that was really nice. I took some pictures in the dark and I just hoped that they would be good. It was a wonderful hotel and if I had found out of this earlier I would also have been there more often.
My bed
My bed
The room
The room
montecarlostar says:
Congrats on your feature, Christian!
Chokk says:
Sue, it was really cozy ;D
Chokk says:
Stig - I was probably the best place I stayed at so far in Stockholm regarding room and area

Rica Hotel Gamla Stan Overview

Experience a medieval atmosphere in Stockholm’s most magical quarter. Narrow alleyways, taverns, cafes, stores and closeness to the seats of power of the Swedish Parliament, the civil service headquarters and the Royal Palace all make a stay in Gamla Stan (the Old Town) a fantastic experience with amazing roof terrace views. The Rica Hotel Gamla Stan is located in a charming 17th-century building, with the Stockholm Cathedral, “House of the Nobility” and the “Slussen” (an area named after the locks between Lake Malaren and the Baltic Sea) just around the corner. The standard single rooms are furnished in Gustavian style, creating a restful atmosphere and a historical environment that our guests really appreciate. All rooms have hardwood floors and decorative carpets. These rooms have 90 cm or 120 cm wide single beds, ensuring a good night’s sleep. The standard double rooms are equipped like the standard single rooms and provided with 90 cm wide twin beds or one 160 cm wide double bed. All our guests have access to free WLAN Internet connection. A pick-up service for your car is available on weekdays from 07:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and weekends from 07:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m., extra charges apply. If you’re parking yourself, we recommend the OK/Q8 car park on Katarinavagen near Slussen, which is open round the clock. Please contact the reception to get information about the prices. Business hours of reception:
Every day: from 00:00 to 00:00

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower