Average rate: $88 - Hotel class: 4 stars

Rica Helsfyr Hotel Rates and Deals

Rica Helsfyr Hotel Oslo Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice hotel and fair priced Sep 20, 2013
I was on a wild detour getting home from Stockholm, as I quite spontaneous decided to head for Oslo, as it had been a while since I had been there and the weather was absolutely fabulous. I arrived in the suburbs of Oslo around 8 pm and went on to booking.com in order to find a reasonable hotel preferable in the city center. I became quite fast clear that there were very few rooms in the inner city, and they were insane expensive. I later found out that there were some running arrangement in the inner city the following day, but I did not know that at the time.

I found a Rica hotel some 4 km from the city center that seemed to be okay in quality and price and I booked it, When I arrived there I found out that there were some distance to the down town but I did not care as I just wanted to relax at the hotel and just enjoy the rest of my day. The hotel was located in an industrial area with loads of office buildings nearby and I also noticed that there were public transportations that would take you easily to the city center. The hotel had loads parking spaces outside and much to my surprise they were for free, which I had not expected in the otherwise expensive Norway.

The reception had some difficulties in finding my booking but the girl behind the counter showed great flexibility and gave me a room and said that we could settle it in the morning. I was given a room quite high up and near the elevator, which I usually don’t mind. The room was quite oddly shaped, almost like a butterfly. The hall area was really small and the room was to one side and the bathroom to the other. I dropped my stuff of and took a Travbuddy look at it. The room was small with a 1,5-person bed taking most of the space up. The bed was not of the best quality, it reminded me of a cheap IKEA version. There was a small chair in the corner and a small desk with all kind of goodies that cost almost the same as a jet plane. There was a small flat screen in the room; it was a nice room but it was quite small.

The bathroom was nice, simple but spacious and with a nice shower. It was almost industrial in its design but things were working and they had used good material. The view from the room was not much to be festive about as it was overlooking a parking lot for some kind of mall. It was a nice hotel and with very friendly staff. The price was quite fair for being Oslo much to my surprise. There were quite some people in to hotel when I arrived and the hotel was quite full for being in business area on a Friday. The Wi-Fi worked rather well and it was free. I checked out with out eating breakfast at the hotel so I have no idea about the quality of it.

Rica Helsfyr Hotel Overview

Business hours of reception: 24 hours a day A modern conference and business hotel in a rural setting, located only 5 km from downtown Oslo. 115 double/single rooms - 225 beds in total. All rooms are furnished in a modern style and equipped with TV, video, mini-bar and trouser press. Room service is available. 6 conference rooms with a total capacity for up to 150 people, 2 smaller conference rooms and banquet facilities which were renovated in 2003. Special activities can be arranged in Valhall only 200 metres from the hotel and which offers fitness center, aerobic , spinning, sauna etc. Fully licensed restaurant, pub and bar. Outdoor patio service in the summer. The spacious park surrounding the hotel provides excellent opportunities for walks and exercise. The Valle Hovin Ice Stadium is located 200 m from the hotel. A short distance from the hotel you also find The Munch Museum- containing 1.100 paintings and 18.000 graphic works. The Botanical Garden at Tøyen- containing Mineral and Geological Museum, Zoological Museum and Paleontological Museum. The Tøyen swimming hall is located close by, Østensjøvannet- Europe's largest bird sanctuary. Other Attractions in Oslo; Akershus Castle- built in 1299 by King Hakon V Magnusson. Oslo City Hall. The Royal Palace and the park surrounding it. The Parliament. The Norwegian Technical Museum. The Oslo City Museum. Oslo Tram Museum- containing trams and busses. The Theatre Museum. The Children's Art Museum. The Historical Museum. Oslo Cathedral.

Rica Helsfyr Hotel Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Exhibit Space
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower