Riben Restaurant

Riben Restaurant - Menu

Riben Restaurant Ohrid Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
Fishy business Aug 17, 2013
The restaurant is located on the bank of Lake Ohrid by the port and offers outdoor seating with views towards the Lake.

It was another completely random choice of restaurant for the afternoon meal. We got attracted by its location and good variety of food on menu.

Since it is a fish restaurant, a lot of the dishes were fish dishes which did not cause us any problems as they also served more traditional dishes.

I chose baked fish with potatoes and veg. Since I wouldn't have finished the full meal, which consisted of a full size fish with trimmings, I had to negotiate to be able to order only half-portion. One of English-speaking waiters came to my rescue and convinced the chef to prepare only half-portion which was extremely unexpected and made me feel really special.

The fish came beautifully presented and tasted mouth-watering. Potatoes were just wright, but veg was slightly overcooked. Regardless that little flaw, I enjoyed my meal thoroughly.

We encountered not such a nice surprise when we were paying for our orders. One of the waiters took all our money, but never bothered to bring any change. On requesting our change back, the waiter wasn't very pleased and acted as he deserved the massive tip, which it would have been if we left all our change. And he wasn't even the one who helped me with my order. In the end we decided not to leave the tip at all.

I would recommend the restaurant for the good food they serve, but would be careful with how much money you give to pay your bill in case no one wants to give you your change.

Average price per person - £7.
Outdoor seating