Riad Nezha

Check Merzouga Hotel Deals

Riad Nezha Merzouga Reviews

halilee halilee
Beautiful riad, loved our stay! Apr 14, 2014
The riad is gorgeous, Berber style with a few sitting areas inside and outside, a busy pool, and a restaurant that serves food sometimes downstairs and other times up on the terrace. There is free on site parking for guests. Our room is a huge triple room (30 euro per person) with large bathroom and shower, and a balcony. The bed was super comfy with lots of great fluffy pillows! Soap and shampoo is supplied and our room had a hair dryer.

We had 2 breakfasts here, 1 lunch and 1 supper. Supper was buffet style , not huge but a nice selection of vegetable dishes, a couple meat dishes, fruit. Breakfast consisted of crepes, jams, breads, yogurt, bananas, coffee, tea, oj. Lunch was a dish of couscous and vegetables.

The staff were great, very warn and welcoming, especially the owner/manager? He was very attentive to our needs, making sure we were happy and taken care of. After the camel trek he even gave us a room key in order to shower up which was greatly appreciated! He was also kind enough to give us 3 large bottles of water at no cost for the road.

I would highly recommend this riad! Beautifully situated, great value, friendly, and lovely Moroccan architecture.
Our room. Sorry for the poor quali…
Bathroom
Bathroom
Our balcony at night
TravellinChic Travelli…
Good Riad in Merzouga Apr 14, 2014
After the disappointments from previous bookings, this one is a breath of fresh air.

The architecture of the Riad is very nice even as we arrived in the evening, we could see that it was nice looking. When we arrived, I talked with the Manager and said we have a booking. He said they don't have a record of that showing a side of his logbook. Then he smiled to break the joke and showed me the other side with our booking. I laughed.

He then said that since we are doing the camel ride with them, we are getting a good room. I'm not sure if this is true because it seem that all the people I saw/spoke with in the Riad did a camel ride with them or about to do so. :P Moroccans seem to lie very easily when doing business so I feel like I should not be taking everything as truth.

We were offered complimentary dinner and that's definitely cool! It was good dinner too. Beef tagine, bread, fruits, yoghurt. It was filling. Hali and Kanak finished quickly but I stayed to finish my dinner with dessert. I already know the room number so it's ok. When I arrived at the room, I learned I got the biggest bed! Awesome!

The bed is nice and soft. Hali liked it a lot and asked me if it's the best bed that I experienced in Morocco. I told her that I've stayed in Sofitel so the one in Sofitel would easily top in bed category. Nevertheless, it is the best among the Riads.

The bathroom is good size and I enjoyed my hot shower. I believe they have some sachet of shampoo provided and maybe soap but I brought my own so I didn't use them.

I woke up very early around 7am and breakfast is only available around 8:30 so while waiting I take some photos of the terrace and the pool area which is pretty good time to take photos as there is no one around. After a few more wait, breakfast is available at the basement where dinner was served the night before. There are bread and crepes which I took several. I took my time to eat as Hali and Kanak were still asleep. I ate a lot and had yoghurt and some fruits. Only bananas were available and I took 2 to bring to camel ride. I was thinking i should have picked apples last night instead. Didnt know they wont be offered in the morning.

Breakfast only last till 10am and so when Kanak and Hali arrived a little bit before 10am, they werent able to get any of the crepes anymore as they are all gone already. If only I knew they would ran out of it, I would have kept some for them.

Check out time is at 2pm and camel ride start at 5pm. I figured, there is time to kill and remembering about the pool, I planned to swim while killing time. So I packed everything on the luggages which we are leaving for safekeep of Riad but packed separately a day pack for the overnight in the desert plus my bikini :)

When we get down to leave our luggages, I brought the room towel as well so I have something to use in the pool. Top hotels usually provide separate pool towels but I dont expect the same from Riads as they seem more like B&B places. Besides, I'm in Africa, even Sofitel looked simple compared to the grandeur of it's counterparts around the world.

We had lunch al fresco in the corner of the courtyard. That's nice. We had couscous and I was excited! However, the couscous lacked flavor so I had to ask for salt. In many places, I noticed that they always provide salt. I normally avoid putting salt and other condiments as usually it is insulting to the chef/cook to imply that the food isnt good enough but I think in Morocco, in general, it is perfectly alright. It was a lot of food and even though we ate a lot that we could, we cant finish and a lot remained.

The pool is cold so I stayed in the sun for a while to prepare myself for the cold water. Once in, it is ok. I did a few laps and spoke with some girls who are doing exchange studies in Paris from their US universities.

After a while, I changed and prepared for the camel ride. There were other elderly guests who were also waiting for their camel ride tour. We learned later they are with us. However, it seem they are more taken cared of than us.

When we got back from the camel ride, I went straight to breakfast which is included in our package because I'm hungry and also because I dont want to miss out on the crepes. The breakfast this time is on the terrace because it is relatively warm enough. After, we were told we could shower and they allowed us to use one of the rooms that is vacated by their previous guests. They also provided towels. :)

The manager was kind enough to help us with luggages and also gave each of us big ice cold water for our journey. That's very nice of him.

Highly recommended.