Riad Maison DO

Riad Maison DO Rates and Deals

Riad Maison DO Marrakech Reviews

tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Beautiful Riad in the middle of the old city Feb 02, 2009
When I started organizing the trip I had to decide whether to go to a hotel or a Riad. For some reason I thought a Riad was a better option if I wanted to stay in a place closer to the place’s culture. I looked around and I found Riad Maison Do. The place looked fantastic and It was very close from Place Jamma El Fna, which ended up to be the place I liked th most in Marrakech.

I will start my review talking about the service…. Amazing! That is what best describes how we were treated in this Riad. The owner (Yolande Morin) and all the personel were very kind and helpful everytime we asked for anything. I called a couple of days before getting there and they arrange trasnportation to pick us up at the airport. So was as easy as getting to the airport and met a guy who was waiting for us with a big sign with our name on it. The first day was raining and it was quite late, so they offered us lunch there, which was great. As they did not expect anyone for lunch they cooked us some salad and omelets. I could even order a bottle of wine! They were very kind to us during our whole staying. The owner and everyone there will come to us every day to know if everything was ok or if we needed anything else. By the way, we booked a room which had only one Queen bed, but seeing that we were mother and sun they upgraded the room to a bigger one for the same price. As it is a strange month to visit Marrakech, we were alone in the Riad, so they had spare rooms!

Everything was extremely clean. No noise whatsover, even though we were in the middle of the old city. You don´t even have a TV! :) And best of it, I had Wifi connection to the Internet so I could check my emails every night. I took many photos from the place and room, as it is very original and well decorated. We also had breakfast included, and it was always very punctual and beautifully arranged.

On top of the building you have a beautiful terrace although at the time we went was under construction. Just in front of it they have another Riad, so if you arrange a big group they can still fit you. Last night they prepared an incredible dinner for us! We had nice salads for starters and chicken Tajin for mains, wine, desserts and tea! I recommend you to arrange at least one dinner in the Riad. You can order whatever your prefere but you have to do one day in advance.

The location was just perfect. It is only 7 minutes away from Place Jamma El Fna. First day one of the guys working in the Riad explained to us how to move around giving us all directions to leave and come back to the Riad. Even if you think the area is dangerous, it is very secure. That is one of the facts that most impressed me, at no time I felt unsecure in the streets, not even at night.

The room cost us around 600 Dirhams (60 euros aprox), although it might be different if you book straight with them. Call them up and check rates! If you have any questions about this Riad just drop me a note!

Website: http://www.maisondo.com/