Riad Ibn Battouta Hotel Fez

Check Fez Hotel Deals

Riad Ibn Battouta Hotel Fez Reviews

wagslikeadog wagslike…
Beautiful riad on the edge of the medina Oct 04, 2012
This riad, located in the Batha area of Fes, is right on the edge of the medina (Fes el Bali) and about a 5 minute walk to the famous Bab Boujloud and the medina itself. There is a taxi-stand within a 2-minute walk from the door of the riad beside a big fountain, which doubles as a traffic roundabout.

The interior of the property itself is stunning with towering, high ceilings (which is common in Fes) and stunning, hand-carved walls, archways and tilework. Really impressive.

I stayed in a 3rd floor suite named "Damas". It too had jaw-dropping ceilings and wall carvings and was decorated with a yellow motif. The windows opened up to the courtyard and there was a dome over the bed which allowed natural light from the roof into the room through small, coloured glass. Very memorable. The bed was big and comfy and there was also a small TV in the room.

The bathroom was a good size with a massive tub that was lined with a hand-made mosaic of a woman in her natural state (O my!). It reminded me of Roman mosaics I've seen other places in the Old World. Unfortunately, the socket for the shower head is set at about 4-feet from the ground and couldn't be adjusted, so I had to get down on my knees to wash my hair...That was a bit awkward, but there was lots of hot water and good pressure too.

While the hosts and staff were polite, unintrusive and low-key, they did try to play the "Our credit card machine isn't working, so you'll have to pay with cash" game on my last night. I wasn't impressed with that foolishness in the least. I mean, I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born *last* night. I insisted that I would pay via credit card as was originally agreed upon and miraculously, about an hour later, the machine worked fine.

Dinner here was good but not sensational, and breakfasts were typical of other Moroccan riads.

The going rate for suites at the time of my visit was between 140-200EU/night, which is a little on the expensive side but once again, the property really *is* something special (Even if the people who run the place try to punk their guests!) Brush up on your French or Arabic if you stay here, as the staff speaks very little English.
Fountain
Courtyard 2
Damas mosaic tub
Arch
Vikram says:
Congrats!
jenniferhibbard says:
Congratulations on your review being featured!
vances says:
Beautiful pad...thanks for the honest review!

Riad Ibn Battouta Hotel Fez Overview

Located near the Batha Museum and Bab Boujloud, Riad Ibn Battuta is a magnificent recently restored to you from its terrace offers a unique and impressive about the city of Fez and its environs.

Riad Ibn Battuta has 7 suites. All rooms are equipped with all modern comforts, including air conditioning, minibar, satellite TV, telephone and safe.

Enjoy regional specialties at the restaurant of the hotel.

During your stay, enjoy the traditional hammam, massage room, terraces which can be served breakfast and lunch, or meditate near the fountain in the patio.

Check Fez Hotel Deals