Riad Bamileke

Check Marrakech Hotel Deals

Riad Bamileke Marrakech Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Centrally located and lovely Riad Apr 08, 2014
I found this on airbnb as an alternative to Halli's hostel suggestion which based on reviews have cases of bedbugs.

The price is on the upper end of Halli's stated budget but I got lucky to get it for lower price because the Manager made a mistake in the posting. So he allowed the four of us to book it for the price of 3 people and gave us the biggest room.

I called 5hrs before my arrival to ask for a pick-up service from train station and we were provided a big nice van for 150MAD.

We met the manager Simone as we get down the van and he carried my luggages to the Riad which is quite close. He also pointed some landmarks to help us find our way back to Riad in case we are going out.

Allison who joined the last minute doesnt have a booking so we asked Simone if something could be arranged and he quickly set the futon in the biggest room to be her bed.

While Allison and I were chatting at the courtyard, Simone suggested we go to the terrace which is nicer so we did. While there, Simone asked if we need anything and I asked for water which is not available so he offered to give me some of his. That is very nice!

The Riad is centrally located, easy to find and few minutes walk from Jemaa el-Fnaa. The Riad offers alcohol which is nice and convenient because it is not easy to find places that serve alcohol especially late at night.

We agreed to have drinks at the terrace on our first night. Kanak, Allison, me and Julia ordered a bottle of wine to share while Halli ordered beer. Simone prepared the terrace and provided us quickly our orders. More beers were ordered because the Riad ran out of wine. I stick to drinking my wine very slowly. I have very low alcohol tolerance and I don't drink beer :P

Breakfast is good and filling. I like the crepe and bread as well as the spreads. Coffee is decent which is probably something you can rely on when Riad is owned and ran by Italians :)

The bathroom is big and nice. The rooms are intricately designed in good taste. Even the paintings around the Riad are interesting and good quality. You can see good taste in every detail...gotta love Italians for their taste and attention to details.

Simone, the manager, is very nice, professional, reliable and very helpful. He told us where to buy water bottles at the best price and help us whenever we can like keeping our luggages on their storage and helping us find our next hostel in Marrakech which proved to be difficult to find and not very central.

Simone is hardworking and always quick to help. Makes our stay very easy and enjoyable.

We also got to meet the owner on our first night and he is an interesting character who is very much well traveled since he was a young kid. His travels are showcased in the rooms of the Riad which has different themes and furnitures/fixtures according to themes.

Lunch or dinner has to be ordered in advance and it isn't something that they could provide for many people so dining outside could be a better option.

Check Marrakech Hotel Deals