Riad Baladin

Check Essaouira Hotel Deals

Riad Baladin Essaouira Reviews

jhoc jhoc
Better than a home away from home May 03, 2011
Essaouira is a coastal city about 2.5 hours west of Marrakech. After 5 days of the hustle and bustle of Marrakech’s busy streets a relaxing few days in the sea air was just what I needed and just what I found at Riad Baladin. Nicole, the Riad manager, had been extremely helpful during the booking process over emails and leading up to my stay giving all the information I’d need to find the Riad making my transfer simple.

A 5 minute walk from Bab Sbaa found us just outside the Riad and within minutes Nicole had us oriented with the city marking all the points of interest in and around the medina. Nicole’s local knowledge is impressive, to say the least, and something you should definitely consider when booking your restaurants and activities. With my map and key it was time for a quick tour starting with the ground floor lounge complete with a computer and free WiFi, a newly build kitchen with all the mod cons for turning out excellent breakfasts and upwards to my room on the first floor, the Chambre Creme. Each room has a colour theme and is very tastefully decorated with Moroccan styling and artwork.

As you will see from the photos the room is a perfect size for two with plenty of space in the chest of drawers and in built shelving to store all our your stuff. As with any Riad the rooms all face out to an open courtyard in the middle so the full glass French doors that opened in the room and the bathroom were a nice touch for letting in lots of sunlight and fresh sea air. Don’t worry though there are curtains on the doors and an additional set inside each window so you can close them for privacy and sleeping.

The roof terrace (2 more floors up) is the perfect breakfast location and where we sat most mornings planning our days. There is a covered portion of the terrace and then a handful of sun loungers split over two levels, the topmost of which has 3 good vantage points out to the Atlantic Ocean.

Breakfast was just right offering muesli, fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs cooked anyway you like, local bread selection, jams and plenty of coffee or tea so make sure you eat up before hitting the streets. For all other meals ask Nicole or one of the other girls for recommendations as they pointed out some of the best restaurants we ate at whilst in Morocco. The Riad will also help you organise excursions or transport if you ask in advance or let them know what you need while you are there. We were very fortunate to have the opportunity to go along with Nicole for some horse riding in the next town and got to experience some fresh seafood at a village restaurant which was certainly a nice surprise.

Overall this Riad is a great value for the money. It is clean, modern, safe and best of all comes with a great staff eager to help you in any way. I would highly recommend staying here so make sure you book well in advance. The Riad will be expanding soon too so all the more reason to go back and try it again.

Check Essaouira Hotel Deals