Rhythm and Ribs Festival

Putnam County Fairgrounds, Ottawa, OH, USA

Rhythm and Ribs Festival Ottawa Reviews

prism_lace prism_la…
Jul 22, 2007
I started off the evening with 20 bucks in my pocket, and as I go on with this review you will begin to see how quickly that left my said pocket.

Entry: 5 dollars. Not so bad, I suppose, considering the funds must be going SOMEWHERE related to the city. And my expectations for the event figured in that there would be several activities that were covered in that 5 bucks. This was absolutely NOT the case.

Drink Tickets: 2 Dollars each. I tell you: a man thought up of that idea. Had there been a woman involved in the planning of that, it would have been a little more practical. What is it? Well, for every drink you want to have during this festival -- alcholic or not -- you need a ticket or pay 2 dollars at the vendor. The legend goes that many Putnam County residents (including Ottawa) are born with a beer in their hand. Since I grew up around the county, it was always considered a drinking county, and only if you want an alcholic in your family, did you fraternize. Imagine the dent, then, in their checkbooks paying 2 dollars a drink. I lived mine. I'm not a domestic beer drinker, so 4 dollars for 2 12oz. cans of Budweiser was disappointing. I bought 2 tickets (4$ total).

Food: Since it's a rib fest, the only meat on the table is pork. I went with my sister, and we both decided that ordering a pulled pork sandwich would give us more meat to eat. It was DELICIOUS! It was smoked, and I put on some chipolte sauce and some other "unnamed" one, but it was good. I cannot vent about the price on this one, b/c it was such good eatin'. (Still, it was 5 dollars for those of you who are calculating the damage at the end of this review.) Later on, as we were walking around we saw a hamburger stand! How out of place! Must be for the kiddos, cuz it's unlikely that the rib-loving adults gave up their business there.

Music: Since it is called the RHYTHM and rib festival, there was music. Well, it was all right music -- it wasn't concert quality. And they kept promising "Mustang Sally" all night, and I NEVER heard it. Bastards.

Overall, the festival was fun, but my 20 dollars was spent fast on few things. The food was excellente! And I highly reccomend you rib lovers out there to make it over to Ottawa, Ohio next year to try them. We got several award-winning cooks who supply them. Bring mucho dinero, however, because it will disappear quickly!

Check Ottawa Hotel Deals