Rheeti Beach Resort

Check Baa Atoll Hotel Deals

Rheeti Beach Resort Baa Atoll Reviews

jenyenh jenyenh
All Inclusive resort in Maldives Jan 30, 2009
I went to Reethi Beach Resort for a day use. My team in the office decided to island hop and have fun. For some reasons they chose Reethi Beach Resort. It was my first visiting the resort and I had no expectations. so, we took a small speed boat with only 5 of us and the captain and speed our way to Reethi Beach. The ride was just 15 minutes, it was very quick I think. When we reached the jetty, there was no one to welcome us. So, we just jump up one by one to the jetty from the boat and waved goodbye to our captain. We then proceeded to the reception. There were 3 receptionist behind the reception and all of them were busy doing things that there was not even a single smile or at least greeting that tells us that they saw us. And then suddenly one by one 2 of them disappeared and the one left was on the phone who looked at us and signaled us to wait. So, we waited and looked around trying to familiarize ourselves with the place. When the receptionist finished he greeted us and gave us a paper to sign. He was smiling and very friendly, however lacks politeness in his words, there was too much casuality in his tone as well as his words, and made us feel like we were employees in the resort. After the signing, there was no briefing whatsoever what is allowed and where is what. Keeping in mind that we were just there for a day and not overnight. Eventually he got us a map, I recon he got tired of all our questions and it was easier to point it out with a map. So, we decided to explore the island a bit and decided to get snorkelling gears from the dive shop and we did. When we got there, the dive personnel was so friendly and accommodating, he was amazing with his size reading. This means he was able to give us our fins sizes, masks without asking us, pretty accurate I must say. It was I think a talent and made me wonder. We realized that we didn't have towels and so we asked for towels. To our surprise, he told us that they are not like the four seasons and they do not do many things for the guest such as towels. And then, we just looked at each other realized that we were so stupid not to ask this when we booked with the resort.

We did thought about what to do, so we proceed to the pool area and then ask the attendant for 5 towels confidently like we were guest in house. We got 5 towels and were not being asked about the room no. So, we went snorkeling for an hour. The corals were all dead and whatever life is left were very few. We didn't feel that the resort made effort to restore the marine life. So, we decided to go back to dive centre and return the gears. We then proceed to the jetty and witnessed the stingray feeding. It was amazing. We were all amazed by the giant creatures. We took lots of photos and videos. There were about 20 stingrays big and small but mostly big. There were 3 sharks, one was really huge. We cant believe that the creatures were all gathered in one place on a very shallow water. The guy who was feeding them was very confident and no hesitation whatsoever, it must have been his job for 10 years, we thought. The stingrays were on his feet, with open mouth begging him to feed them. It was great! After the feeding, we fed ourselves to their restaurant over water. We had some pizza and a bottle of white wine. The prices were cheaper than our expectations. So we helped ourselves with a great plate. We had a great time and one that wowed us was the stingrays. Amazing creatures! However, the staff did not really leave us a good impression, many things which could have been better, but over all it was a nice day out for all of us. I would recommend Reethi Beach to friends if they want a simple relaxing weekend or getaway, budget type and something not fuzzy and with lesser expectations on service.
the island