Reykjavik Backpackers

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals

Reykjavik Backpackers Reviews

WanderingAlaskan Wanderin…
"Perfect place to stay in Iceland" Sep 28, 2015
I didn't know what to expect when I arrived a day earlier than planned. Upon check in they adjusted my stay so I could check in early and kept my return check in open depending on my return from my backpacking trip. Very accommodating and friendly. The hostel rooms were very clean, great wifi and if you're using the BSI or Greyline bus services they have connections with both terminals. The Packers Bar downstairs is fantastic, great happy hour and the food prices are pretty good compared to many of the other touristy restaurant bars. I highly recommend Reykjavik Backpackers to anyone travelling on the cheap.
The Dorm room style where I stayed.
Looking out on to Laugavegur Blvd.
ngan ngan
Affordable hostel in expensive Iceland Feb 03, 2013
Iceland is very very expensive and it was almost impossible for me to find a place to overnight that I can afford. Luckily, I finally found this hostel.

When the other hostels cost around 50 to 60 euros per night, this hostel cost me only around 25 euros. I was so happy because it was very cold outside to me. Thinking of having nowhere to overnight in the cold is horrible.

The staff was very friendly, helpful and speak very good English. The public room is well managed with good wifi and they also sell drinks. At night, this public room is also a bar.

The room is small with 3 2-level beds. Toilet is also small but the bathroom is quite large with very good shower. On each floor, there are also public room for that floor with couch, a small table and few books.

It seemed that this hostel is managed by the young people so the atmosphere is absolutely relaxed. No elevator inside.
View from the room. It was a rainy…

Reykjavik Backpackers Overview

The Reykjavik Backpackers is within a 10 minute walk to The Living Art Museum and Menntaskolinn i Reykjavik and Laugardalsholl, Commercial College of Iceland and Hamrahlid College are only a 5 minute drive away. It is 10 minutes away from Menntaskolinn HraĆ°braut, Reykjavik Mosque and Valbjarnarvollur by car. Kopavogsvollur is within a 10 minute drive. Reykjavik city centre is within an easy 10 minute drive away.

Reykjavik Backpackers Amenities