Reykjavik Backpackers

Reykjavik Backpackers Rates and Deals

Reykjavik Backpackers Reviews

stewy88 stewy88
Fun in the Midnight Sun! Dec 24, 2009
Reykjavik doesn't exactly offer a wide array of hostel accommodation, however this does the job just fine. The location is perfect and in the heart of the cities bustling centre. You step outside onto the main high street, all the shops and bars within a few minutes walking distance.

It is the perfect place to base yourself in order to explore the wonders of Iceland. You can book all your guided tours from the hostels main reception and the pick up point is just outside. The staff were extremely helpful and all spoke both English and Icelandic to a very high level.

I say the price way pretty high, however this has to be put into the context. Considering Iceland is very pricey, the prices were actually quite reasonable for my stay.

It didn't bother me, but the noise levels get very loud on the weekend. The Icelanders hit the party scene pretty hard and the hostel feels the brunt of it. Combine this with the constant daylight in the summer and it can be quite difficult to get to sleep.

4 Stars.
Dr_Seuss says:
You're never going to do Iceland on the cheap, but worth the price 8)
Posted on: Dec 24, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Reykjavik Backpackers

Reykjavik, Island
After much anticipation, the day of our departure finally arrived. With a fully stuffed backpack and an air of excitement, Ellie, Kristen, Brad, Derrick, and I walked onto Iceland Air Flight 1644 rea…Reykjavik Backpackers!". We unloaded our bags and checked into our hostel which is located on the main street of Reykjavik
Moon-landing and 1st evening in Reykjavik
I started my trip from Italy taking an Easyjet flight in early morning from Malpensa airport in Milan. I arrived on time in London Gatwick, but I had to wait 5 hours to take the other flight, Iceland…Reykjavik Backpackers Hostel where I slept well in a dorm of 4 people (7.980 ISK for two nights). Nice…
Road to Reykjavik
I said goodbye to Skaftafell park and I took the bus to go back to Reykjavik. I met a nice travel buddy from Seul and we spent together the journey by bus. We have done some very interesting stops: a…Reykjavik Backpackers hostel and meeting again my canadian travel buddies known in Akureyri: after dinner we went to The Dubliner…

Check Reykjavik Backpackers Rates and Deals