Revolution Cocktail Making Class

London, England

Revolution Cocktail Making Class London Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
A great night out with the girls Aug 02, 2015
I've been a fan of the Revolution bars for a long time now so I was excited when I found out that for my friends hen party we would be having a cocktail making class there. That was until I read the description we received in the hen party info email. Myself, and a few of the other girls read it and thought it didn't sound great but we were doing this for our friend so we kept quiet and went along with it.

So we turned up and I was instantly impressed with the venue. It was one of their bars I hadn't been to and it was definitely the most stunning I've ever seen! We walked in and we could see a long bar with glasses laid out in sections. Clearly we weren't getting a private room for this class. We arrived early so we were the first of 3 hen parties. We all expected to have our own room for this class but oh well, we were doing it for the hen.

We knew we would be getting a 'free' cocktail on entrance but i wasn't expecting what we got. On each of our tables (we had 2 tables of 4) we received a giant cocktail shaker filled with a very yummy cocktail. I was expecting a glass but we managed to get about 3/4 glasses out of the shaker. Already we were starting to feel better.

After we had got settled it was time for our demonstration. We were going to be shown how to make 3 cocktails. What we didn't realise was that the hen was going to be behind the bar with our bartender making the cocktails after his demonstration. If she did a good job she got a nice shot but if he didn't like it she got a chilli shot. Luckily for her she's worked in a bar before! And we also got to try each of their cocktails to compare them.

During the demonstrations we were given little nibbles that go with the cocktails we were trying. And they were very nice! We had breaded shrimp, goat's cheese bonbons and chocolate bonbons as well as some nachos. Very tasty!

After the demonstrations we thought we were done but it turns out there was a little surprise. They had some games to play with us so that we could all have a chance to make a cocktail. The first 2 pairs had to race each other with the winner getting the nice and the loser getting the dreaded chilli shot. The next race (which was the one I did) involved 4 of us working in pairs. We had to make a cocktail while holding hands. I'm not sure if you've ever tried to shake a cocktail with 2 people but it's a little challenging. Thankfully we won so I didn't have to have the chilli shot. The reactions it was getting weren't good! But the last game, and I'm glad I wasn't involved in this one!, was again teams of 2 against each other, but this time one was blindfolded and had to get instructions from their team mate. Oh this one caused some alcohol to go flying!

But after the games they still weren't done. They had shots lined up in a row and the hen had to knock the first one so that they all went into each other. Was a cool little trick and thankfully she did it right! So with the trick a success it was time for more shots. As you can probably imagine we were getting quite drunk at this point! So this was the perfect time for our pre-ordered 2 course meal. The food was good although nothing spectacular. However, we were too buzzed from the class to care at this point.

Overall I think we were all pleasantly surprised by how much fun the class was. And we were so engrossed with what we were doing we didn't actually notice the other groups around us. It was the perfect girls night out activity.

And the price? Well, ours came part of a hen party package but I had a look online and for the class, nibbles and the 2 course meal it would cost you £35 and I would say it's worth it. For an extra £3 you can upgrade to a 3 course meal, or if you want it cheaper you can just do the class for £25
The bar
The giant cocktail shaker
The welcome cocktail
I enjoyed it :)
curious_claire says:
Jim if we'd carry on drinking like that we never would have remembered any of it!
rsvpme says:
Was a night to remember.....
joseph98 says:
Sounds like it's just up your street :D

Check London Hotel Deals