Restoran Hj. Ramli

Pantai Cenang, Langkawi, Malaysia
Restoran Hj. Ramli - BBQ pit.
Restoran Hj. Ramli - Fishes on crushed ice.
Restoran Hj. Ramli - Fishes on crushed ice.
Restoran Hj. Ramli - The Grouper.
Restoran Hj. Ramli - The really bland mixed vegetable dish.
Restoran Hj. Ramli - The really bland mixed vegetable dish.

Restoran Hj. Ramli Langkawi Reviews

trippinginnederland tripping…
Good food but 'blur' servers. May 02, 2010
This place has its pros and cons. It'll be up to you to decide at the end of this review if you would like to check it out.

The barbeque pit is situated outside along with the fishes being displayed on crushed ice. We chose a grouper and a mixed vegetable dish (chap chye) along with two plates of plain rice. We told them that we wanted the fish to be BBQ and served in kicap.

The problems:

Whilst waiting for our food, my boyfriend was checking out the guy working at the BBQ pit. He noticed that the guy was lighting up his rolled up weed stick using the heat from the pit! I heard from my guy that it is illegal for one to be smoking weed in Malaysia. He could tell that it wasn't a cigarette coming from where he lives. He's right and of course no one should be smoking near food stuff as contamination could occur. Well, hey! This is Langkawi, Malaysia no one really cares or bothers much about hygiene compare to where I come from.

Actually, I was wondering when would he be doing our fish. We got our fish fast, and it wasn't what we had asked for as it was deep fried and not BBQ. We requested for a discount since they didn't give exactly what we had asked for. Also that it wasn't right for one of their people to be smoking and lighting up his weed at the cooking site where food is concerned.

Honestly to speak, the fish tasted great and there were many people dining there (not packed or crowded but still decent enough to cover for the night, I guess). As for the mixed vegetable dish, it didn't work for the both of us as it was bland. I finished it because I like vegetable and it is nice to have vegetables in every meal.

We got our discount after much negotiation. They were very reluctant to give that discount for the mistake, which they had done. I admit we did make it difficult for them (might seem mean, and I know how one would feel when working in this kind of business. The feeling of hating/disliking this kind of customer.) but this is something they have to learnt. This is like a 'service recovery'.

To conclude, the fish was good but wasn't what we had requested (instead of BBQ, it was deep fried). The vegetable dish was bland. A worker smoking at the cooking area. This is for you to decide...Yes, other places might be the same behind closed doors but at least you know how this one goes.
The Grouper.
The really bland mixed vegetable d…
Fishes on crushed ice.