Lot 4748 Jalan Beserah. 25200 Kuantan, Kuantan, Malaysia
+609 5144382, +6013 771 4382, +6016 934 9187

Restoran HT Kuantan Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Restoran HT Jan 24, 2016
Restaurant HT, better known as Hai Tian is quite a popular Chinese restaurant in Kuantan. Seafood is probably their specialty, but anyhow most Chinese restaurants in Kuantan serve seafood, considering it's near the sea.

Service was exemplary. Run by husband and wife, always smiley and very polite, just plain nice people. It makes you feel welcomed.

Selection varies. They have a lot of variety of dishes and based on my observations at other tables, they all look very appetising. Unfortunately, which is also very weird, is that they don't serve fruits/dessert. Not even fresh fruit juice?!?! Strange...

Taste was actually below expectation. Probably because I didn't order the right dishes, but some were quite blend and nothing to shout about. However I did hear from others that they enjoyed their food very much, so I guess it depends what you order, really.

We ordered crabs, which is charged at RM 80/kg (which I find extremely expensive, but seem to be a 'normal' price). We had 3 crabs that weighed a total of 1.4kg, which costs us over RM 100, a whole fish for RM 44, chicken for RM 18, vege, tofu ranging between RM 10- RM15 and of course, Chinese New Year Yee Sang for about RM 40+ which can feed 10 people. Total bill came to about RM 270 for 6 pax.

Ambiance was ok, comfortable. Credit card accepted but no American Express. WiFi connection was fast.

Will I go there again? Quite likely, but I would perhaps try other places and take this as a secondary option.
trippin_jen says:
Pak Su is catered for visitors/travelers, commercialized. I suppose you know more about kuantan than me now, ya? Haha
Posted on: Jan 25, 2016
Caliber-A says:
i think the price there is a bit cheaper than in PAK SU seafood restaurant. But PAKSU's price is reasonable (just in my opinion based on our experiences there).
Posted on: Jan 25, 2016
trippin_jen says:
That would be divided by 4.2. Must be cheap for you now that our currency had weakened ... Used to be divided by 3.1 about 6-12 months ago... :(
Posted on: Jan 24, 2016