Restoran Famosa

Malacca, Malaysia

Restoran Famosa Malacca Reviews

Caliber-A Caliber-A
A Home to a Signature "Rice Ball" Aug 28, 2016
Housed in an old wooden two storey shop house at Jonker Street, Restoran Famosa is one of the most visited eateries in Melaka. The restaurant specializes in serving rice balls in most of their menus. The rice balls are usually served with steamed chicken with pounded chili sauce and sesame oil.

Aside from the famous rice ball menu, they also serve roasted duck and pork, and some sort of curry dishes. Though it’s popular, I didn’t bother to order that rice ball because it looks like dry hard enough. Or maybe it’s because we ate late in the afternoon. Instead, I have ordered the steamed chicken rice. Well, I will still try to eat that rice ball should I have a chance to go back Melaka.

The space is huge enough to cater large group of diners. There are quite number of staffs, though the service is not that fast.
cotton_foam says:
the chicken rice is delish! I've tried it before in S'pore!
Posted on: Sep 27, 2016
Caliber-A says:
it was a holiday when we went there, so a lot of people on queue, but the place is huge and i like the ambiance, and of course the food.
Posted on: Sep 14, 2016
trippin_jen says:
Heard that there's always a long queue. I don't think I've tried that before. Oops!
Posted on: Sep 13, 2016