Restaurante Spondylus

Malecon Julio Izurieta without number , Puerto Lopez, Ecuador
Restaurante Spondylus - Shawn's brownie
Restaurante Spondylus - tasty and warm apple pie :)
Restaurante Spondylus - having breakfast :)
Restaurante Spondylus - inside the restaurant
Restaurante Spondylus - nice walls
Restaurante Spondylus - the breakfast
Restaurante Spondylus - name and menu

Restaurante Spondylus Puerto Lopez Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Tasty Breakfast and delicious desserts at Restaurante Spondylus Jul 05, 2009
We didn't have much luck finding places that serve coffee in the morning, but no this time. We saw this place the night before and were sure we'd go there for breakfast the next morning and so we did!

I like the name of this place "Spondylus". Spondylus is a shell typical from the area. This restaurant serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, but we went there just for breakfast. The restaurant is small but nice, with tables indoors and outdoors.

The walls are nice painted, paintings of trees and jungle. This is a family business. At the back of the restaurant is located the house of the owner, who works here with the help of his little boy.

They offer the continental breakfast and also fruit salads, juices and coffees. Shawn got the continental breakfast which was a good deal. It was cheap and came with eggs, bread, coffe, juice and a mini fruit salad. I got juice, coffe and a big fruit salad, hehehe.

The owner was very kind and since he didn't have change, he made us a discount. Just US$0.50 but anyway a discount, so sweet of him!!!! I'd recommend this place to have breakfast while you watch people start working along the Malecon :)

My second time in town (a month after the 1st time), I was craving for a dessert and we stopped here. Shawn got a brownie, which he told me was good and I got a warm and tasty apple pie. It was home made and the crust was perfect too! Yummy!
name and menu