Restaurante Nova Lota

Sines, Portugal

Restaurante Nova Lota Sines Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Restaurante Nova Lota Jul 25, 2009
My old favourite restaurant had changed owner since I was here the last time. The place had gotten a real face lift and there were now colours on the tables. The owner was a nice young guy who had a lot of drive and he was service minded as well.

Being the first evening in this little Portuguese secret of a city made me fall back to some of my favourites from this place. I started with a octopus salad with was good and spicy. There were loads of fresh garlic and herbs, amongst them a tiny bit of coriander. Something new for me was the tiny bits of carrot that was added; not bad it became crispier that way.

As a main course I took the lobster; a wild one but not a huge one; it only weighed in at 680 grams. I wanted it grilled which usually is very good. Being so close to the water meant that I had to go for fish or things from the sea. The lobster was good with melted butter and a huge bowls of salad. I was getting full the amazing way.

I chose a local white wine Quinta do Bacalhoa from 2007, which turned out to be a good recommendation from the owner.

In Portugal people go out and eat very late, sometimes I have been amazed when a family with small children enter a place at 11pm but it is how they do. I was early, very early but I had not got anything to eat since breakfast in Sevilla; I was in here at 8.00 pm and I was the first in the restaurant. Most of the tables were reserved but first as of 10pm; in Denmark this would be the time people would go home.

Check Sines Hotel Deals