Restaurante - Meson PALACIOS

Toledo, Spain

Restaurante - Meson PALACIOS Toledo Reviews

mkrh mkrh
Excellent Family Restaurant Feb 07, 2009
During the day we had wandered around Toldeo a lot and wondered where to get an good affordable meal. Fortunately as we walked around we were handed a card for this restaurant.

For the evening the Meson Palacio was an excellent family restaurant, cheap, very friendly and helpful hosts.

We arrived about 9.30pm and were greeted by lovely hosts. They made sure we were comfortable. The menu is written in 4 languages (Spanish, English, Italian and French). I do not know what languages other than Spanish the hosts speak but they were very helpful as we made our choices in their language.

The decor is Adaptive. By that I mean that it is an old reddish brick building that has a number of ground floor rooms set aside for eating. Large bottles of wine line the walls in one room. Wooden beams. You feel like you have walked into some ones large home for a meal such is the welcome and the surroundings.

Great local food - manchegan pistu (like a ratatouille) and gambas ajillo (prawns and garlic), fantastic. The flavours were rich and lingering. Along with the bread I felt full without spending a lot of money with my travelling companion.

For those that like beer here is my ranking of Spanish beers:

1. Cruzcampo - definitely the best.

2. Mahou

Last. San Miguel (Only drink it cos of the name - oh well)

Funny thing is the quality of the beer is not reflected in the price.
mkrh mkrh
Friendly Restaurant at Excellent Price Jul 28, 2008
This restaurant offers the best menu of the day we could find at 7.95€.

In the street a friendly guy hands out cards to advertise the restaurant and the associated hostal. The decor is homely and the staff make you feel comfortable. I do not know if they speak languages other Spanish but the menu is in Spanish, Italian, French and English so there should be no problems.

We shared two plates of raciones - pista manchego and gambas ajillos - both really tasty. The beer here is Mahou.

They have an attractive postre cabinet which attracted my companion.

It is not far from the Cathedral and is worth a visit for its friendly staff, good food and excellent prices in a city which can be a bit more expensive.
pacovera pacovera
Nov 26, 2005
Toledo es una ciudad muy acogedora, tanto arte despierta el apetito, y

para comer y comer bien este restaurant tiene todo a favor: buena carta

de platos tipicos, buena atencion, buen precio y buen ambiente ¿que

falta? ¿el apetito? eso aqui esta añadido.Disfruta.Restaurant - Meson PalaciosAlfonso X El Sabio 3, 45001 TOLEDO Tfno 925 223 497(Establecimiento recomendado por la Guia del Routard)(This restaurant has been recommended by Le Guide du Routard)

Check Toledo Hotel Deals