Restaurante Genil

8 Calle Ribera del Genil, Granada, Spain

Restaurante Genil Granada Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Perfect alfresco dining Dec 02, 2012
We were just walking around exploring the place and admiring the Alhambra at the foot of the hill. It was end of spring and summer was beginning so the weather was already quite hot. We needed a place for shade so we decided to have lunch.

Theres a few restaurant located along the River Genil. We looked at the Menu del Dia for a few restaurants before deciding on this one. I think it was 12 Euros per set lunch (3 course).

I had the tomatoes dipped in olive oil for my starter and chicken cooked in olive oil with spices and potatoes. I like tomatoes but I was never really crazy for it but the tomatoes here was totally delicious. Its got that right consistency, not soft or too hard. Today was like my olive oil day, i recalled we were poking fun of me practically drinking olive oil today since I had eaten bread with olive oil for breakfast earlier today. And now more olive oil for lunch. It was a simple meal but totally delicious which makes it fantastic since its nothing fancy and here I was practically just cleaning every drop of the sauce (or oil mainly) with bread.

The set also entitles us to either a cake or ice cream. We took the ice-cream cos theres no room for cake in my tummy. We actually ended up lying on the bench opposite the restaurant for a mini-siesta after the meal! (cos we were so full).

The waiter was fast and attentive. Hes also curios to our nationality lol! I would recommend sitting outside rather in the restaurant esp in the day so you can enjoy the splendid view of the Alhambra from below.
Yummy tomatoes
westwind57 says:
yes, the olive oil... in summer i sometimes just skip lunch and have a glass of wine and just some italian baked bread with olive oil, parmesan cheese and tomato salad instead... Nothing more to wish ;)
Posted on: Dec 02, 2012