Restaurante El Alto

+34 918 73 13 86

Restaurante El Alto Morata de Tajuna Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Truly a gem Mar 17, 2013
This was probably one of the best surprises I had on this 4 day trip and it happen just a couple of hours before we left Madrid for this time. We had been for the lookout of a restaurant for quite some time but we had not spotted anything that triggered us to go in, when we passed a gas station in the middle of nowhere in Morata de Tajuña.

What caught our attention were the numerous cars parked outside the large diner next to it. Quite spontaneous I blocked the breaks and drove into the large parking and we entered. The place was huge and almost full, all the tables were full of families eating lunch together and the noise was amazing.

We managed to get a table and were really lucky to be a part of this feast of a massive and popular place for locals. The waiters were super busy running with dishes to tables with 3-4 generations of the same family eating together and having a ball. We had stepped into the right place.

Our waiter was friendly but weak in English and yet we managed to order some great food; a large mixed salad, a huge steak for me while my friend had a whole rabbit in tomato sauce, along this we ordered a good bottle of red wine as it was the last meal of this trip. The food was great but the best part were to participate in this local family lunch with a sound scene from a vibrant local market that just had opened and an ambiance of a festive and warm family dinner. This place was a gem and if you pass by for God sake – enter!
The entrance
My steak
My friends rabbit

Compare Arganda del Rey Hotel Rates (9km away)

Restaurante El Alto Map