Restaurante Capri

+46(8)6623132

Restaurante Capri Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place but too cold inside that day Nov 30, 2010
It was a very cold Tuesday evening in Stockholm and I was together with one of my colleague working late. He is also a flying Dane and we decided to go for dinner in the centre of Stockholm and eat in an Italian restaurant that we heard should be quite good.

The restaurant was situated on a busy restaurant street near the harbour, the theatre Dramaten and close to Stureplan area where there also are a lot of bars and cafés. The restaurant looked nice from the outside; it was situated on a corner and I could not wait to get in-door because of the cold and the slippery streets.

We entered and had to put our jackets in the wardrobe as we were met by a guy that looked like a cheap mafia doorman with a narrow line of hair on his upper lips. We had to wait in the bar for a short moment before we were given our seats along the wall towards the side street. The inside of the restaurant was cave like and it looked cosy and far from as stringent as many metro sexual restaurants in the city centre.

We looked in the menu which we had been given as we sat down. It didn’t take us that long to find the dishes we wanted. We decided to go for a starter and a main course. The food turned out to be good but not something like I had expected, because they had stated that it was the best Italian in town and I had some good Italian food in other places.

I had a carpaccio (118 sek. = 13 euro) pickled with lemon, pieces of Parmesan cheese, virgin olive oil and ruccola. As a main course Saltimbocca Alla Romana (238 sek. = 26 euro) which is calf meat sautéed in white wine with a Parma ham slice and fresh sage; which was good but I had expected a bit more.

The main waiter was a little annoying; he was a bit dumb smart, but the most annoying thing was the cold. It was freezing inside and especially their arrangement with the coats in the door only made it worse because they had the door open too long.

The cold in the restaurant was unbearable and it probably even made the food taste worse than it actually did. My mind was quite focused on getting out of there and back to my warm hotel room.
On a summerday from their homepage
My starter when I was there again …
My Calzone the 12th September 2011
bernard69 says:
alors Capri ce n'est pas fini!
Posted on: Sep 14, 2011
bernard69 says:
I'm with u:I detest eat cold.Your review brings back to me a lunch in my youth in a Bresse house in Winter:usually the owner used to eat in the kitchen but as they want to receive people(my grandfather) from the town with dignity we had to stay at least 3 hours in a cold diningroom without any fire:I was 10 and I remember it!
Posted on: Dec 04, 2010