Restaurant the Kasbah of Fes

In the medina, Fez, Morocco

Restaurant the Kasbah of Fes Fez Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Nice place for a sunset drink Apr 27, 2011
Restaurant Kasbah is located in the Fés medina, just inside the Blue Gate. They have a few tables in the street in front of the restaurant, inside dining on the second floor as well as a terrace and outdoor dining on the roof top terrace.

The restaurant serves tajines, skewers and fried fish. Prices were cheap. I ordered a menu for Dh 70 (€7), which consisted of a starter, a main dish, fruit and biscuit and mint tea.

When I ordered the fish, I was told that it was only on the lunch menu and not possible for dinner. Since I did not want anything else on the menu I did not order anything. Then the waiter ….. down to the kitchen and some loud discussing in arabic went on and suddenly it was possible to order fish after all. As a starter I had the Moroccan soup, which was very good, but then came the fried fish. It was four tiny fish with skin and bones. It was nothing great, so I gave it to the cat. She was very happy! The rest of my friends enjoyed their skewers and tajines. The dessert was nice with an almond biscuit, fresh orange and mint tea.

Restaurant Kasbah is noting special when it comes to food, but the location and atmosphere in the medina is good. I would recommend the restaurant for a drink and a snack while watching the sunset rather than dinner.
Restaurant the Kasbah of Fes seen …
Restaurant the Kasbah of Fes
Inside dining on the first floor
Balcony on the first floor

Check Fez Hotel Deals