Restaurant de l'Ogenblik

www.ogenblik.be - +32 2 511 61 51

Restaurant de l'Ogenblik Brussels Reviews

littlewanderer littlewa…
Most Memorable Meal Dec 27, 2015
Established over forty years ago, this restaurant wears its age terribly well. The food is traditional without being boring, and simple yet still exciting. I ate here about four years ago and I still remember the duck carpaccio. It was excellent. I had two other carpaccio's that evening, and I did not feel inundated. Rather, each dish was unique. All evening, I looked at the plates of food travelling from the kitchen to the tables of other restaurant goers. I was that creepy and nosey person, but I could not help it. Everything looked and smelled so good! Having said that, I don't remember much about the desserts. I'll leave that for you to figure out (and to fill me in).

The restaurant is narrow and divided onto four floors. We sat on the third floor where the atmosphere was lively and warm. The voices of the patrons mingled with the rustle of cutlery, the rumble of the food elevator, the steps on the frequently used stairs, and the faint city noise from the street below. The restaurant is situated at the end of the Galerie de Princes. The interior takes the look of an old tavern. Its colonial revival look is complete with emeralite lighting fixtures, brass, white lace drapery, and classic wood panelling. The service was not spectacular. Once you are seated, it is rare that the staff will notice you, given how busy the restaurant is. However, if you catch them at the right time, they are very friendly and helpful. Most importantly the food arrives promptly at your table, hot (not the carpaccio of course!)

Finally, we get to the name. According to one of the servers, the name "Ogenblik" means a blink of an eye, or a brief moment. My meal at Ogenblik was so enjoyable, it passed by in a blink of an eye, and I'm sure yours will too!

Check Brussels Hotel Deals