Restaurant at the Grand Socco

Restaurant at the Grand Socco - Coffee

Restaurant at the Grand Socco Tangier Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
The local place restaurant at the Grand Socco Oct 23, 2013
There are not any restaurants located near our hotel so we walk down to the Grand Socco to find something to eat for breakfast. We had seen a couple of local places down there and this morning we decided to try the one next to the gate to the medina.

The locals hang out at the café having their breakfast there so we figure it is a decent local option to have some breakfast. They seem to mainly eat some sort of soup with lots of bread to go along - and of course a cup of coffee.

I am not that adventurous when it comes to breakfast - lunch and dinner can be very local but not breakfast - so I am attracted to the omelet which they seem to serve. It takes a little while before the breakfast arrives so in the meantime we just sit and look at the life passing by at the Grand Socco which is the main square in the town and sort of the connecting point between the old medina and the new part of the city.

The omelet comes and it is a bit different from what I usually get for omelet. It is more like a couple of fried eggs - fried in lots of olive oil. Some of the oil remains on top of the eggs. The omelet is served with a big loaf of local bread which tastes all right. And of course it is accompanied by a glass of strong coffee. The taste of the eggs is decent - you can’t really go wrong with eggs fried in olive oil.
Berber omelet
Bread
Coffee
The tables of the restaurant
world-traveller123 says:
great review i was wondering if it would be ok if i published this on my own travel site. I will credit your name for the review as well and give the link
let me know thanks