Restaurant at National Jade Hotel

No. 19 Huizhongli YaYunCun, Beijing, China

Restaurant at National Jade Hotel Beijing Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
AVOID this place at all costs!! Jan 11, 2014
We were brought to this 4-star hotel Chinese restaurant for lunch by our tour group. I guess the reason they brought us to this hotel was because we were scheduled to visit the famous Bird Nest Stadium which is just 2 traffic lights away from this hotel.

Lucky for me, I have always been a bit skeptical about Chinese restaurants in China (and food served in China as a whole). So I always bring bread/ croissants / biscuits & fruits in my bag throughout my entire trip in Beijing.

The restaurant was located at the 2nd floor of the hotel. Before I could even enter restaurant, I already felt like puking. The smell in the restaurant was so appalling that my colleague's wife actually puked in the toilet. There were 3 toilets at this level but as usual in China, only 1 is "usable" but it was so dark & you cant flush. I went to the toilet at the ground floor, same issue, 3 toilets but only 1 is available for usage & you cant flush. This is a 4 star hotel?? We were supposed to be served a 5 course meal. So naturally, we (or my colleagues since I refuse to eat in this repugnant place) would expect some fish or meat to be served among all the many vegetables which were so oily fried. Some of my Chinese colleague stopped eating after 2 courses as there was absolutely no meat or fish served. It was all vegetables, which was not what we had agreed upon. My boss declared that this was the worst meal ever in his entire life (and mind you my boss is has a sideline of business in a restaurant in Singapore's famous nightlife scene). A lot of my colleagues were angered by the food served. So the lunch ended early with lots of food being untouched as it was so unappetizing. My boss immediately lodged a complain with the tour guide who had to call back their head office because this meal has angered so many people in the group!

Sorry I did not take any pictures of the food as I was busy covering my nose to prevent myself from vomitting at the lunch table. I had to uncover my nose & smile in this photo taken for my office photo collage - I guess everyone was still smiling at this moment as the food was yet to be served!!!
U see my cloth bag - thats where a…
AVOID this place!!