Restaurant Vino & Voda

17 Tchaikovskogo Ulitsa, Saint Petersburg, Russia

Restaurant Vino & Voda Saint Petersburg Reviews

vances vances
Stay a while Jun 26, 2016
Between their easy going bar and this swank restaurant, there may not really be any reason to leave the Hotel Indigo property. Most of the wait staff speak basic English, the menu offers a broad range of cuisines (Russian, European and Oriental) and there is a full complement of adult beverages. Most astounding is the reasonable prices, quite uncharacteristic of hotel eateries.

For our first lunch I went Russian, ordering Mushroom Solyanka soup and Homemade Pie with mushrooms, potatoes and cheese sauce. Laura started with bruschetta (magnificent), followed by a salmon entrée. Everything was efficiently served and tasty.

Perhaps the best attribute of Vina & Voda (which means "wine and water", btw) was the large wooden disc with a large CALL button in the middle given to each party. Whenever you need service, just poke the magic button and voila, an attendant came a running. Genius! All those times I have twiddled my thumbs waiting for a human being to come by and refill my drink or bring the damn check, not to mention all the times I’ve endured a chatty waitress who keeps returning and gabbing nonstop. I am hopeful this concept gains traction around the globe, it makes way too much sense.

We returned the next night to redeem complimentary ‘free drink’ tickets received at check-in. We could not help notice but the outrageous sorbet presentation while enjoying our bonus booze. Served in a funky bowl seeded with dry ice, your frozen dessert throbs with overflowing mist. I have not had much luck adding videos to reviews, but fingers crossed I will be successful here. The pictures really do not do justice to how much fun this is. A crowning touch on a very nice restaurant.
Welcome to Vino & Voda, the in-hou…
Modern atmosphere
Complimentary bread and the totall…
Mushroom Solyanka soup